Vintage Vinyl Setup

grendel1972

Hello all!

After carting around my vinyl for too many years (and, ask my wife, too many moves) without a working turntable, I've finally put together a pretty sweet setup. The receiver is a Marantz 2245 that was restored by the guys at classicaudio.com and it is something special. The wood cabinet is new, built by Bill Penninger. He does amazing work, and was incredibly helpful and good to deal with. Turntable is a Marantz 6300 lovingly restored by Claudio at Vintage Turntable Restoration. Claudio doesn't live far from me, so I had the pleasure of picking up the turntable and getting to hear it on his amazing system. Extremely nice guy doing a great service by restoring these old turntables. Speakers are EPI 150s that were restored and the wood refinished. They look and sound great! Happy to provide contact info if you PM me.

Currently running a Denon 103R through a SUT from Bob's devices. Another very nice and helpful fellow (do you see a pattern forming here?).

After lusting over some record storage cabinets online, I had a furniture maker build mine for a lot less money. I had very specific requirements (mostly surrounding the lack of space and presence of small children) and I got a piece of furniture way beyond what I had hoped. He's up in Maine near Portland, but does ship and was a real pleasure to work with. I can provide his contact info if PM me.

Thanks to all those AKers that helped me out through the process. I've learned a ton, and met some great people. Happy to provide contact info if you PM me.

Okay, here are the pics:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_8524.jpg
    IMG_8524.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_8519.jpg
    IMG_8519.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_8496.jpg
    IMG_8496.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 1,154
  • IMG_8493.jpg
    IMG_8493.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 446
  • IMG_8520.jpg
    IMG_8520.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 450
  • IMG_8536.jpg
    IMG_8536.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 452

i love that cabinet! i too feel that a custom component setup requires some custom furniture to go along with it. i'd love to design something to house my vinyl and hold my turntables.

and of course, you audio gear is :thmbsp: as well.

Very nice setup, I've had a lot of Marantz gear and love it. Cabinet looks great as well.

Beautiful! The components, the cabnet and the pix. :thmbsp:

Beautiful setup. Speakers could be placed a bit higher tho :D

Have to agree with davidro. Also, one other simple improvement would be a record clamp. Found mine on ebay for $35. Weighed in at just under 16 ozs. Best 35 bucks ever spent.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It's been really fun putting this all together, and even more fun listening to my music on it.

ggrey, funny you should mention that, I bought a used clamp on audiogon that is on the way. davidro, I hear you. Next step: speaker stands!

Back
Top Bottom