Vinyl Lawnsale Score ...

AudioLancelot

Omniscientist
Not much in the way of audio equipment today. However at the 2nd place I stopped after my usual question query, this nice looking lady said she did have LP records in the basement she would gladly like to get rid of.

She went behind the house and in time returned with 2 full boxes of LPs ...about 100 of them....$5 CDN for all. She said they were from the 80's when she was in University...graduated from University of Waterloo in 1987.

Then she told me she saw her old turntable down there and said I could have it..said she plugged it into her ghetto blaster in University.

It turned out to be a Panasonic SL-N5 Servo Drive ...much more compact compared to my Technics SL-D212 but it does work as she said. Don't know if it is worth putting an Ornofon scratch on it.

Now I realize Thor ...and maybe a few others are digital "disciples" but I love the sound of vinyl. I swear it has expanded audio bandwidth compared to CDs.

I have sampled and examined about 25 of those LP's and there are no scratches etc. She really cared for those records.

Some of the treasures...someone I saw on here likes Jethro Tull- "Stormwatch"..haven't sampled it yet
and
I confess not to be a big Classic Rock FM station fan but there are some ...yes.... some that rock.

Van Halen 1984 ..love that "Panama" pounding away now as I type
Z Z Tops Greatest Hits
The Pretenders ---The Singles
The Monks ---Bad Habits
(5) Alan Parsons Project LPs
(2) The Cars LPs
(4) Madonna LPs
Electric Light Orchestra - Out of the Blue
Nazareth's Greatest Hits
Eagles Greatest Hits Vol. 2
Cyndi Lauper --- She's so Unusual ...I saw the Much Music biography on her and yes it has that cool tune "She Bop" ...the Biography special stated she got away with that song title because only 1 % of the population knows what the expression refers to/means...

Many more to sample.

Analog forever

Dennis

Cool!

100 LP's for 5CDN, and a TT included! I wish we had yardsles here... :( - then again part of the fun here is that fact that this stuff here in chile is so rare.

I have the feeling you'll have quite a fun weekend going thru all those records!

Chris

Great score

Watch those Madonna Lp's some can be worth a pretty penny!

Does that ELO album still have the cutout cardboard spaceship with it? If it does, and you want to sell it, I'll buy it!

I think that ELO has the best album covers of all! :)

This has to be my ALL time Favourite cover, recognizable by almost anyome:

It's simple, but BEAUTIFUL:

darkside.jpg

Chris

The ELO album is a 2 record set. Inside is a cardboard interior space ship scene that is used as record separators in addition to the paper sleeves. It does not appear to be a cut out. There is also a poster with the band members on it. I suspect the cutout is missing.

Kelly..Yes that Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon album ...the picture of white light passing through a prism was in the stack as well.

It appears the lady's tastes were diversified....

2 Go-Go's albums..Beauty and the Beat and Talk Show
A-HA - Hunting High and Low
Genesis
Supertramp- Breakfast in America

to name a few more

Dennis

Thats Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, album from 1973.

I have still have my original copy.

Nice score! Alan Parsons is one of my favourites and if you like Pink Floyd then most likely APP will do it for you too. After all, he was the engineer on DSOTM!:)

Like all the other stuff in the collection too - someone there has good taste ;)

Jack

Jack...FYI

The Alan Parsons Project Album names are

Pyramid
Vulture Culture
The Turn of a Friendly Card
Eve
Ammonia Avenue

Dennis

Thanks Dennis.

Vulture Culture is the only one there that i don't have. My favs are I Robot and Eve. Can't believe you got all that for $5!!Well done!:) Happy listening.

Jack

Back
Top Bottom