Vinyl only spin list

so...a little backstory about this record. A friend posted their video on my Facebook wall knowing I liked XTC...I had heard the song, but kinda forgot about it. I then got on their website and ordered the "Limited Edition" vinyl...then saw that it was limited to 50 and released almost 4 years ago. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything when I ordered. I waited about 2 weeks then got on my paypal account and sent an email to the address that got my cash. It turned out to be the guitarist of the band, Sepand Samzadeh. We emailed back and forth, he said that he doesn't do anything with the orders but would look into it. He offered to send the records to England and have Colin sign them, while that is cool and all, I just wanted what I paid for or just get a refund and wasn't really looking for extras or anything.

I got the package today...he ended up sending 2 copies, one numbered and one unnumbered. Both are the limited multi-colored...and he had the ordering guy refund my order as he said these came from his personal stash (at great peril from a soon-to-be-ex-wife he let me know, she video'd him taking the records)

So all-in-all, this was a better experience than how it all started....the music is pretty good, too.

Word is that this is the last thing Peter Banks worked on before he past away.

Days Between Stations ‎– In Extremis
Not On Label (Days Between Stations) ‎– none, 2013

Multicolored vinyl
#8/500

D2lU6I.jpg

lT1mf9.jpg

5Ep5QQ.jpg

l2Ro1k.jpg

Picked this up tonight...still sealed. Took a chance that it wasn't warped and it looks great. oh...and it's my birthday (#40)...so the wife let me swing by the record store after going out for dinner

John Lennon ‎– Rock 'N' Roll
Music For Pleasure ‎– MFP 50522, 1975/1982

UK reissue
Cut by Harry T. Moss (HTM on side 2)

9DCJyf.jpg

SNc1Pw.jpg

Soundgarden ‎– Badmotorfinger
A&M Records ‎– B0025673-01, 1991/2016

The removable lenticular cover can be hard to photograph without getting bad effects from the lights.
One day I'll A/B this with the original yellow pressing...but this one is split over 3 sides with the 4th side etched.

VbWQV0.jpg

EVtPVQ.jpg

so...a little backstory about this record. A friend posted their video on my Facebook wall knowing I liked XTC...I had heard the song, but kinda forgot about it. I then got on their website and ordered the "Limited Edition" vinyl...then saw that it was limited to 50 and released almost 4 years ago. I didn't get any confirmation email or anything when I ordered. I waited about 2 weeks then got on my paypal account and sent an email to the address that got my cash. It turned out to be the guitarist of the band, Sepand Samzadeh. We emailed back and forth, he said that he doesn't do anything with the orders but would look into it. He offered to send the records to England and have Colin sign them, while that is cool and all, I just wanted what I paid for or just get a refund and wasn't really looking for extras or anything.

I got the package today...he ended up sending 2 copies, one numbered and one unnumbered. Both are the limited multi-colored...and he had the ordering guy refund my order as he said these came from his personal stash (at great peril from a soon-to-be-ex-wife he let me know, she video'd him taking the records)

So all-in-all, this was a better experience than how it all started....the music is pretty good, too.

Word is that this is the last thing Peter Banks worked on before he past away.

Days Between Stations ‎– In Extremis
Not On Label (Days Between Stations) ‎– none, 2013

Multicolored vinyl
#8/500

D2lU6I.jpg

lT1mf9.jpg

5Ep5QQ.jpg

l2Ro1k.jpg

Cool story. I like history.

Back
Top Bottom