Vinyl only spin list

Paul Kantner, Grace Slick & David Freiberg - Baron Von Tollbooth & The Chrome Nun
(1973, RCA) TLC in the deadwax; recording engineer: Betty Cantor; mastered at The Lacquer Channel, Sausalito

39556847332_6b6f3e98f3_b.jpg

27809386939_c2d651fbb8_b.jpg

w/ Jerry Garcia, Jorma Kaukonen, Jack Casady, David Crosby, Mickey Hart, The Pointer Sisters.

Ian Anderson hated this album, but Steven Wilson invited him to sit down and listen to the 5.1 remix that he did awhile back. Anderson, who had heretofore berated fans of the album, admitted that it wasn't as bad as he remembered. I think it was the bed bugs and food poisoning that the band endured during the aborted recording sessions in France that gave him a Pavlovian association with Passion Play. I think it's terrific. Not as good as Songs from the Wood or Minstrel in the Gallery, mind you, but better than most of Tull's 80's offerings.

I have an original with a nasty scratch on side 2, so I'm listening to Steven Wilson's stereo mix on vinyl. I think he overcooked the low end just a bit, but it still sounds amazing.

tull.jpg

View attachment 1084559 View attachment 1084560
Alice Cooper
School’s Out
Warner Brothers
Very early release with die-cut school desk cover. I don’t know where the panties went, I swear. ;)

Coolest thing I've seen all week. I was at CU Boulder the last time I saw one of those. Oh, and the Buffs played in the Big 8. That should date me pretty good.

Coolest thing I've seen all week. I was at CU Boulder the last time I saw one of those. Oh, and the Buffs played in the Big 8. That should date me pretty good.
I picked this one up last week. 1st one I’ve run across. My original copy was on cassette. One of the very few prerecorded cassettes I ever bought. I was a HS sophomore when it came out.

Back
Top Bottom