Vinyl only spin list

Pat Metheny Group
ECM, 1978

Pat_Metheny_Group.jpg

wha' 'appen, mate? I've been there. Mine was discovered after unpacking from a move. I thought I'd packed it carefully but evidently not carefully enough.

Guessing that I forgot to lock down the tonearm after my last play. My granddaughter, who is 2, likes to play DJ, spinning the platter and sliding the pitch control. Don't think she has ever purposefully touched the tonearm, but not hard to imagine that she just bumped it and off it went (the pitch control was not centered, so it was likely her). Can't blame her, though. My fault for not locking the arm. And turntables are fun; she just wants to do what I am (she always dances when I have music on).

Guessing that I forgot to lock down the tonearm after my last play. My granddaughter, who is 2, likes to play DJ, spinning the platter and sliding the pitch control. Don't think she has ever purposefully touched the tonearm, but not hard to imagine that she just bumped it and off it went (the pitch control was not centered, so it was likely her). Can't blame her, though. My fault for not locking the arm. And turntables are fun; she just wants to do what I am (she always dances when I have music on).

Yeah, I know. I've come close to disaster that way myself, by not locking down the arm. I'm trying to make it a habit.

In my all-time Top 5. How's that repress sound?

Well, having never heard an original I enjoyed it immensely. Well worth the wait. The repress played quiet, was plenty dynamic, with enjoyable sound stage. Vocals were clean and alive. Excellent guitar separation between channels. If I can distinguish two different guitars left and right I'm lovin' it. Sort of an "awakening" for me. I just recently bought Pentangle's Sweet Child and the guitar work here reminded me of Jansch & Renbourn from it. An ear opener, so to speak. Brilliant... Yeah, well worth the wait.

S.J.

Back
Top Bottom