Vinyl only spin list

I don't have either of those, but does your version of "Funkytown" appear on the flip side of "The Chase," or is it a standalone release?

Here's some more 12-inchers I have from that disco period:

View attachment 1182432
View attachment 1182436

I highly recommend you get "Amant"!!

If you don't have Cerrone "Supernature" album, I highly recommend that one too!!

R-66993-1407861120-8121.jpeg.jpg

Yes, the "Funkytown" is the original 12" single, also have the album too.

I do have the "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" album. Also have an Evelyn Thomas album from the late '70's on Casablanca, which is a bit on the rare side.

R-1082040-1301271608.jpeg.jpg

I highly recommend you get "Amant"!!

If you don't have Cerrone "Supernature" album, I highly recommend that one too!!

R-66993-1407861120-8121.jpeg.jpg

Yes, the "Funkytown" is the original 12" single, also have the album too.

I do have the "Ain't No Stopping Us Now" album. Also have an Evelyn Thomas album from the late '70's on Casablanca, which is a bit on the rare side.

R-1082040-1301271608.jpeg.jpg

Cool; yeah, my version of "Funkytown" was from Casablanca's "Timepieces" singles collection, where two hits are on the 12-inch -- in the case of "Funkytown," the flip side was "The Chase"....

Cool; yeah, my version of "Funkytown" was from Casablanca's "Timepieces" singles collection, where two hits are on the 12-inch -- in the case of "Funkytown," the flip side was "The Chase"....

I may even have that one. If I do, bought it at a thrift store sometime. Haven't played any 12" DJ singles in a long time. If I do, I'll stack 6 of them on my Technics SL-1650 changer/turntable. ;)

I may even have that one. If I do, bought it at a thrift store sometime. Haven't played any 12" DJ singles in a long time. If I do, I'll stack 6 of them on my Technics SL-1650 changer/turntable. ;)

Well, that sure makes them easier to play!

In my case, every time I have to change a single, I need to get up from the recliner, walk over to the stereo, take the record off, put it in its sleeve, walk into the office (a bedroom we use as a home office for me, as I work from home), bend down to the records at the bottom of the closet, return it, then take a new one out, et al et al.....

upload_2018-5-8_16-45-26.jpeg

Well, that sure makes them easier to play!

In my case, every time I have to change a single, I need to get up from the recliner, walk over to the stereo, take the record off, put it in its sleeve, walk into the office (a bedroom we use as a home office for me, as I work from home), bend down to the records at the bottom of the closet, return it, then take a new one out, et al et al.....

View attachment 1182463

Yeah, it's nice having a high quality changer like the SL-1650. I usually use it to stack 45s, have all the stacking spindles for it. Would never stack any albums, but the 12" singles it's nice to do.

You need to first pick out some records you want to listen to, that way your not getting up every time.

Back
Top Bottom