Vinyl only spin list

The First Step - Faces
1D/1H.
2ce1IDX.jpg

Interesting. Is this a real cabinet or figurative?

Wondering because I've come to the point where I have separate locations for my records. My most-played are near the system, the "others" are in a room upstairs.

It is a literal cabinet. I should have said-- "Cabinet of Favorites" (tm). My favorite records and artists are in it. It's just easier to get to those "most played" as you say, plus, a dear friend found me a record cabinet that would never fit all of my records, so I promised her I would put my favorites in there.

To wit...

Now Playing: John Coltrane, "Both Directions at Once"

image.jpg

GJ

Great idea. I need to do something like this.

It is a literal cabinet. I should have said-- "Cabinet of Favorites" (tm). My favorite records and artists are in it. It's just easier to get to those "most played" as you say, plus, a dear friend found me a record cabinet that would never fit all of my records, so I promised her I would put my favorites in there.

To wit...

Now Playing: John Coltrane, "Both Directions at Once"

View attachment 1323065

GJ

Great idea. I need to do something like this.

I will see if Michelle can find you a cabinet! ;)

It does put a limit on things, as I'm tempted to call a _lot_ of things "favorites," and I'm sure that the contents will morph/evolve over time... Right now it's favorite artists and their albums (even if a particular album isn't especially favorite). This means a lot of Jazz mixed in with some Blues, Soul, and Reggae. I don't think I have any Rock in there yet. Primarily inhabited by Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, Ahmad Jamal, Basie, Ellington, Bird, and Bob Marley. Others as well. Running out of room though, and I have all of my Oscar Peterson in there, even though he is great and I like him, but maybe not a fav. I happen to have a lot of his records because I hit a few motherlodes at estate sales and the like. So I may have to eventually make it ultra-favorite records, rather than favorite artists, if only to make enough room.

A work in progress... Isn't everything?

BTW-- Shelley Duvall definitely had some kind of exotic allure going on...

GJ

Thanks!

Seriously, this is both inspiring and intimidating. I'm not sure how I'd start culling the collection. Well, I have, in a way, by setting those other LPs aside in another room, but those are clear choices, things like Lennon's Toronto POB LP, which, while noteworthy, aren't really things I want to spin.

I will see if Michelle can find you a cabinet! ;)

It does put a limit on things, as I'm tempted to call a _lot_ of things "favorites," and I'm sure that the contents will morph/evolve over time... Right now it's favorite artists and their albums (even if a particular album isn't especially favorite). This means a lot of Jazz mixed in with some Blues, Soul, and Reggae. I don't think I have any Rock in there yet. Primarily inhabited by Coltrane, Miles Davis, Sonny Rollins, Ahmad Jamal, Basie, Ellington, Bird, and Bob Marley. Others as well. Running out of room though, and I have all of my Oscar Peterson in there, even though he is great and I like him, but maybe not a fav. I happen to have a lot of his records because I hit a few motherlodes at estate sales and the like. So I may have to eventually make it ultra-favorite records, rather than favorite artists, if only to make enough room.

A work in progress... Isn't everything?

BTW-- Shelley Duvall definitely had some kind of exotic allure going on...

GJ

Back
Top Bottom