Volt+ D vs NuForce STA200

I took the FX Audio tube pre out of the mix. Have my Yamaha pre, going directly into the STA-200.

Looking for a small form factor amp to drive older B&W speakers of 90 db SPL. Preamp is a NuForce HAP-100. Not looking to rock out the house but would like good dynamics for jazz and classical, primarily.

I have read good things about both amps here on AK. The Volt + D seems like a good value but would it be outclassed by the NuForce? Any benefit staying with the NuForce brand?

Yes. It is outclassed by the NuForce. Two days of listening to the NuForce and its a pretty spectacular amp. My soundstage has opened up dramatically in depth height and width. Sounds floating above and way out from the speakers. Don't want to comment too much yet but so far I am VERY impressed. With that said, The Volt+ is a stupid great, spectacular bargain in the hi-fi world. And you dont have to spend a lot of money on great sound anymore. The Volt+ and FX Audio will be heading to a bedroom system.

I am now a huge fan of Nuforce. I picked up a demo DDA 120 from audio advisor for a little over 200 dollars shipped. I stole it. At first impression sounds better than the vista audio spark I just bought. And I love that spark.

Back
Top Bottom