Volume Level of iOS Device Using Airplay

jonnyz123

Hi. I'm using Spotify on iOS devices to stream audio to an Apple TV, with an optical connection to a Peachtree Decco2 2-channel amp. I was wondering if there is an optimal volume level for the iOS device to ensure distortion-free sound. I know that using Bluetooth in my car, I have to set the iOS device volume at about halfway to reduce distortion, but I don't know or think that applies to Airplay. So far it seems that cranking volume on theh iOS device to max seems to have no impact, but I wanted to get others' experiences.

(Spotify is set to Sound Quality = Extreme by the way)

Thanks!

Jonathan

Hi. I'm using Spotify on iOS devices to stream audio to an Apple TV, with an optical connection to a Peachtree Decco2 2-channel amp. I was wondering if there is an optimal volume level for the iOS device to ensure distortion-free sound. I know that using Bluetooth in my car, I have to set the iOS device volume at about halfway to reduce distortion, but I don't know or think that applies to Airplay. So far it seems that cranking volume on theh iOS device to max seems to have no impact, but I wanted to get others' experiences.

(Spotify is set to Sound Quality = Extreme by the way)

Thanks!

Jonathan
The only test of I seen comparing different volumes to the AE was by Ken Rockwell. I can't tell you how accurate his tests are, but you can look up his tests if you are interested. He said it was still bit perfect at other volumes, though.

Back
Top Bottom