Volvo enthusiats I need some help

Dswankey

Lunatic Member
My trusty ol' war wagon needs some front CV axles and I'm trying not to spend too much on them.

It's a 2000 V70 XC AWD

Any suggestions on were I can purchase a good quality pair?

If they don't bolt to the trans with flanges, cheap ones may be impossible to pull from the trans. for later replacement as they go into it and lock in place!

If they don't bolt to the trans with flanges, cheap ones may be impossible to pull from the trans. for later replacement as they go into it and lock in place!
I used to have a hell of a time getting CV shafts to release from the trans or front diff when I first started messing with cars, until I got my technique down. Now, I just put as much outward tension on the inner joint as I can with a big pry bar so they don't bounce back and forth and give the inner joint a couple good wacks with a big hammer, and they usually pop right out. I've haven't had one that wouldn't come out that way yet.

True story:
At the last shop I worked at, a friend/coworker was changing a transmission on a Ford Focus. He couldn't get one of the axle shafts out of the trans no matter what he did, so he actually took the trans out of the car with the axle still in it. Then I noticed him over there beating and even air hammering:yikes: on the axle trying to get it out. My boss noticed too. So my boss and I walked over, and I told him to get the hell out of the way and let me try. I had my boss put tension on the shaft with a bar while I hit it. After 4 or 5 good wacks and it popped right out.:D My friend was like uh, uh, uh, it's the axle's fault, it's the trans' fault....:blah: My boss didn't buy it and just rolled his eyes and walked away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom