VOTING is OPEN for the 2010 Audiokarma MEMBER of the YEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

luvvinvinyl

My best pal, Molly
Subscriber
Ladies and Gentlemen, the year 2010 has come to a close, but there is one piece of unfinished business which remains. It is time for us to select the Audiokarma Member Of The Year, for 2010.

This member should represent the very best of what AK has grown to become.....it could be a good friend, someone who has helped the membership to a great degree, someone who made you laugh, or just someone who you really feel is an unsung hero.

Roster of past Members of the Year:

2003 EchoWars
2004 EchoWars
2005 EchoWars and luvvinvinyl
2006 merrylander
2007 jaymanaa
2008 markthefixer
2009 fotno

You can cast your vote for your choice as AK Member of the Year, by sending an email to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org, with MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2010 as the subject. Please include your AK username, the name of the person for whom you are voting, and, if you like, a few words about why you chose as you did. Any member in good standing may vote. I will tally up the votes, and the person receiving the most votes will be declared the winner. Voting will close at 11:59 p.m. March 6th, 2011. The winner will be receive his or her award, an engraved plaque, at a time and place to be determined. If our honouree is unable to attend, there will still be a presentation, and the award will be sent to our winner, at AK expense.

Please exclude Admins from the selection process. Any other member, in good standing, including all the Moderation staff, is eligible to win.

Speaking from personal experience, this is a very important part of Audiokarma, and for those so honoured. Please participate in this process. Email me your vote to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org. Thanks.

p.s. A couple of words of clarification, based on conversation from past elections. This process is your vote. Send in the name of the person you feel most deserves this honour, and it will be counted, along with all the others. The person with the most votes will win.

Second, PLEASE email your vote. luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org is the address to use, even if you have another one for me.

Thanks, and remember, VOTE EARLY, but just ONCE.

I'm sorry Ernie, but I just gotta put it here... and I know admins don't count, but damn it... Mr and Mrs grumpy have done one hell of a freakin job around here and have dedicated a huge majority of their lives to this place and others in the community.

Between the 6 years of the AK fest, and the families they have dedicated their time and lives to helping through the holidays, I think we really need to make an exception and put them at the top of the list.

Of course this is my two cents worth, and your milage may vary and all that crap, but because of those two, so many people have had their lives change in ways many of us could never begin to imagine..

With that, I start the petition that now will include admins in the vote!

Last edited:
That rule was imposed on the process by grumpy himself. I never liked it, much, but I won't argue with him. You might give it a try, though. Where can we send your remains?

Now, Nancy is not an admin, and she is a member. That is not campaigning, just for information purposes.

I was HONESTLY thinking of Mr. Grumpy a few weeks ago.
This man has put his heart and soul into AK and sets up the AK Fest every year.
Yes There are others involved but Mr G has never had the title.
I think it is about time!
I nominate Dave (Grumpy) hands down....Yes I read the nomination rules above but Oh What the heck.
James

Last edited:
If Grumpy (and the Mrs.) won't allow themselves to be eligible for Member of the Year, there is a simple way around that: create another award, just for them. Something analogous to the "lifetime achievement" awards given by the Academy to worthy recipients, whether they win/won any Oscars or not. The Grumpies :)D) can hardly stop AKers from springing a surprise on them and giving them some kind of special recognition award during the ceremonies at the next AK Fest, if AKers really want to do that, can they?! And this way, we don't have to worry about dealing with the "remains" mentioned by Luvvinvinyl above. :D

If the rules --ultimately set by Grumpy-- prohibit him from consideration as MOTY, I'll vote "yes" for any award that CAN be given to Grumpy and the missus... even if, after this thread, it might not be such a surprise (and even if it is given despite attempted protests to the contrary).

In a similar vein, if he hasn't received anything of the kind (perhaps he did?), I think Kamakiri deserves some long-overdue recognition, too, for all he did for AK in the early years. After all, he was "Grumpy" before there was a Grumpy!

Just a suggestion.

I voted right away. A fairly controversial choice, I think, but I like the guy's enthusiasm!

I was HONESTLY thinking of Mr. Grumpy a few weeks ago.
This man has put his heart and soul into AK and sets up the AK Fest every year.
Yes There are others involved but Mr G has never had the title.
I think it is about time!
I nominate Dave (Grumpy) hands down....Yes I read the nomination rules above but Oh What the heck.
James
And let us include Mrs. Grumpy and their kids who are always there helping out.
It should be a "Family Group".
I'm telling you without our founders -- we would not have AK.
God Bless Them~~~ James:thmbsp:

Folks, just so you know, here are a couple of points.

• ONLY names emailed to luvvinvinyl@audiokarma.org will be counted. I am not harvesting any names from this or any other thread or pm.
  • Please, no unsolicited campaigning, via thread, pm or email.

For all those who have already sent in their emails, THANK YOU!

When it is all said and done, will we get to see who was nominated/voted for?

MArk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom