Wadia iTransport

I just picked up the iTransport today from my local audio shop. Now that I have it, I have to spend more money on a DAC. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good DAC for less than $300? I saw the Firestone Audio product that looked decent. But the cheaper the better! Of course just cheaper in price, not quality.

I just picked up the iTransport today from my local audio shop. Now that I have it, I have to spend more money on a DAC. Does anyone have any suggestions on a good DAC for less than $300? I saw the Firestone Audio product that looked decent. But the cheaper the better! Of course just cheaper in price, not quality.

Search AGon for "USB DAC". I started a thread there. I have the Blue Circle USB DAC (169 new from Walt in Chicago, an authorized BC dealer). USB 2.0 powered. Can be configged with various inputs from Gilbert in Canada.

Search AGon for "USB DAC". I started a thread there. I have the Blue Circle USB DAC (169 new from Walt in Chicago, an authorized BC dealer). USB 2.0 powered. Can be configged with various inputs from Gilbert in Canada.

Thanks for the info. But, since I won't have a computer nearby, I don't think I can used a USB powered DAC. :no:
Unless I put an airport express near my audio setup?

I'm thinking I maybe should have bought an Apple TV instead? Or wait -- if I get a DAC that has an optical input (toslink) and a digital input, I could connect both the iTransport and the Apple TV to it simultaneously?

Thanks for the info. But, since I won't have a computer nearby, I don't think I can used a USB powered DAC. :no:
Unless I put an airport express near my audio setup?

I run iTunes into my system via the DAC from my computer. My iPod has over 7,000 songs on it, better than lugging a bunch of albums and CD's from place to place.

I live in a rental property during the week with my main audio system, and have another system at my home.

Back
Top Bottom