Wanna see a couple pics of my scratch build 5e3 Fender Deluxe?

pilotputz

Just about finished up with a 5e3 Fender Deluxe build.
The chassis started life as a baking pan!
The transformers are from a mid 50s Knight mono amp.
About all that's left at this point is to track down a nice, long 3 prong power cord and dig out a few old chicken head knobs. Next it's off to a friend's house to get a nice little head cabinet wrapped around it!
I've built several of these now and it always blows me away at how amazing these simple little guys sound!
002.JPG

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 16
That's really cool and here I am thinking of spending upwards of 1K on an Allen amp kit (though they are very nice.) Very nice.

Don't see much summer projects pop up but nice including the 'former baking pan' now thats DIY! I hadn't thought of that because goodwill stores are usually have aluminum pans of decent gage.
Q's
Does the amp distort easy? can it take a fuzz box or modest gain on pedal stuff?
Did you use the schema a:t
------------ https://www.mojotone.com/kits/TweedAmpKits_x/Tweed-Deluxe-Amp-Kit ?
(no affiliation) Or do you have another you prefer? Pm me if you have enough parts aside from speaker and what not needed. Or bite the bullet on their kit. Or since you built a few perhaps a link to get the parts? like can you make a chassis for me or can I get one? Would be cool for the DIY crowd. if ya got the time.. :D
----------------
Been looking for a 60's phono amp using a similar tube design with no luck.. e.g. to restore and not much I'm hitting as is good for parts? made a guitar amp out a one in the sixties that was sitting on the side of the road. LOL.. ah those days.. plenty of pickings on garbage eve which was monday? so you had all weekend to scrounge around on your bike. not these days.. junk is money!!

Back
Top Bottom