Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

Just moved things around a little, so now the MC2100 is in a system where it's driving ADS L710s.

In the main system I've got a C33 —> Pioneer M-25 —> Vandersteen 2Ce speakers.

I see a pair of Tannoy Windsor speakers for sale and wonder what they would sound like with my McIntosh C20 preamp and MC-40 mono-blocks. I am researching the speakers as I was not familiar with them. I see they are mentioned in this thread by a couple of people.
Would 40 wpc drive these speakers well? What is the value of these speakers in the US right now?
I currently use JBL L150A floor speakers with my Mac gear. I have read the Windsor has a 12" woofer and 10" dual cone mid. Is it necessary to add additional speakers for the high frequencies and what additional gear would I need to separate the signals.
Thanks

Hello Silicon Ti, I had Magnepans in the mid-80s and liked them, but I missed having a good low end. That is why I like JBL speakers. We have something else in common. I have a B&O Beo 5500 system in my study, set up with AR2ax speakers and they sound great. That was the best estate sale purchase I have ever made. I have several restored Marantz '70s receivers and the 70's B&O system sounds as good if not better. And, they are the heaviest, most advanced separates I have seen from that era. Love the desk top wireless remote and the smaller handheld remote. That was pretty advanced for the 70's.

The Tannoy Windsor Speakers are also in an estate sale tomorrow. I have never heard Tannoy speakers before, and was wondering what they would sound like with vintage Mac gear and what a good bargain price would be. If I bought them at a bargain price, and didn't care for them, I would like to feel comfortable I could get my investment back.

Would love to hear the Klipsch La Scala's some day. Always hear great reviews of them.

Also, I notice you have a Dual 1219. I just picked up a very clean 1229Q that would not power up. I took it to a local vinyl shop that does TT repairs. They were transporting it and nine other customer's TT to their repair shop when someone broke into the vehicle and stole all 10 TT. The shop owner is searching for a clean 1229Q for replacement, but has had no luck. I am searching AK listings today. I would consider a very clean 1229 in lieu of the 1229Q. How do you like the 1219? I have heard the Dual 1200 series are all great TT.

Mc 2205 and 5 sets in rotation, Tannoy DTM II system 10's, Celestion Ditton 66 V2's, Celestion Ditton 25's, Kef q30's and a pair of Q Sound's (which were made by the developer of "Q Sound" before he developed it. I believe he's still local to Calgary)

McIntosh MX151 pre ===> a pair of MC501's ====> Aerial Acoustic Model 8's

Last edited:
Been a few years since I've posted in this thread and since then several more Mcintosh pieces seem to have found their way here. Presently have C33-2125 into stacked ML1C's; MC2255-ADS1530's; 4100-Mission bookshelves and a pair of MC2500's into Polk 1.2tl's

Back
Top Bottom