Want to know what speakers you are using for your McIntosh Gear

No multi-room control in any of the 5 room stand alone A/V setups, but some select rooms have wireless remote control repeaters to "talk" to the rack..
C-220 in bedroom..
Integra is "audio" selector for living rooms system..
I have a C 37 in living rooms rack, but only use for audio source selection to feed all 5 rooms in house via a high quality Belden Media twist Cat 6 + feed for all rack audio sources with baluns..

My set up it somewhat complicated but very versatile..

No WAF needed, never have, and probably never will, as my whole house is a "Man Cave" !!

I am a retired audio electronics bench tech/FOH sound engineer..

I have previously posted pictures of my sonic sickness.

My wife was cringing when I was going to have my stack XRT20 and XR19 in bedroom. I relented and only moved the XRT20s. Which she now is delighted sound wise. I only had to stream her favorite musical once while I slept and she stayed up on a sing along. She loves set up now.

Maybe so on the rug bounce, but didn`t pursue, as it was original to the purchase of the house..
I did purchase the house second hand from first owners and didn`t have time to totally rework the proposed primary listening area regardless of initial knowledge of future potential acoustical problems ..

I bought a TEF(Time-Energy-Frequency) 12 + analyzer in 1990 and ran tests with it over many months with the B & K measurement microphone while exploring LEDE(Live End Dead End listening mindset/theories after reading Don & Carolyn Davis` newer second edition(purchased circa 1990) Sound system Engineering book(one of my coveted sound reproduction/reproducing bible`s, as I`m totally book reading & experimenting self taught person with good acoustical analyzing gear, plus my many, many live sound hours trained mixing ears..

Which made perfect sense to me in my proposed living listening room goals no matter the speakers I ended buying at that time..
Get the room decent first, then see about speakers fitting into the environment..
Thank you for your interest.. Regards, OKB

My wife was cringing when I was going to have my stack XRT20 and XR19 in bedroom. I relented and only moved the XRT20s. Which she now is delighted sound wise. I only had to stream her favorite musical once while I slept and she stayed up on a sing along. She loves set up now.
Excellent !! Placate !!(Social Engineering at it`s best, by necessity !!)

I'm using a pair of PMC Twenty5 23's with a C47/MC152.

MC-PMC.jpg

NjzoAH

Aloha

JBL 4312E with MC-30 with new quad western national 6l6gc and MX-110Z
Sounds good in my ears and getting better and better :rockon:
:beerchug:

Last edited:
Three and a half years since anyone chimed in but...
MC2105 C28 MR74 JBL L166's
MA6100 MR73 JBL L100's
Mac1700 JBL L110's
McIntosh and JBL's sound as if they were meant to be together. I've seen several references to the MA6600 in this thread, I'd like to replace my weakest link with one of these, anybody need to relieve themselves of one?

I'm using a pair Dynaudio Focus 160 Bookshelves with my C2700 and MC302. It kinda feels bad to be using $3000 speakers with a $15000 system but they sound so good I don't know if upgrading would really do anything. I would love to move to floorstanders but my primary system is used with my computer at a desk so floorstanders don't really make any sense. I think I might eventually upgrade to a pair of Dynaudio Contour 20is or maybe a pair of Sonus Faber Olympica Nova Is. Ideally though I would like to try to stretch for a pair of Electa Amator III or Confidence 20s if I could have the discipline to save up that much money. My dream would be to get a pair of Guarneri Traditions but it's hard to justify spending that much on a pair of bookshelf speakers when you can get some really top notch floorstanders for the same price.

I have Forte III’s connected to my MC-752 and MX-117. Love this setup. I’d love to try Cornwalls, Belles, Klipschorns, or La Scalas someday, but I really am extremely satisfied with the Forte’s. Especially for their cost, compared to the prices of big Klipsch.

Tannoy DC10T with C2600 and MC 7270.

Attachments

• 2B99942A-1C74-466F-943B-AF13C1217B8F.jpeg
    2B99942A-1C74-466F-943B-AF13C1217B8F.jpeg
    87.2 KB · Views: 17
Current setups/swaps:
MC240 with JBL L300A (2235H)
MC240 with Altec Nineteen
MC2255 with ESS AMT Monitor (late)
MC75 with JBL L300A

The Altec are a new addition and the MC75s are being pulled to go through a full restoration soon, which will leave the middle two pairings.

Back
Top Bottom