Was the Fest great again this year?

Discussion in 'AK Fest 2006' started by Strawman, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Strawman

Strawman Moderator

I really had a great time! Hat's off to Kam, Grumpy and Mrs. Grumpy and everybody else that obviously put a lot of time and effort into pulling this together. The listening rooms were all great, something different behind every door. Some people traveled great distances to participate, some were close. It was great to meet people and put faces to the names. Forget about garage sales and thrift stores, for a very low budget, you can set up a really nice system including tunes from the swap rooms! I filled my car and still had $$$'s left over. Safe travel to all that need to make there way home. :thmbsp:

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Mopic5

Mopic5 Super Member

A quick second to Strawman. It was a blast and thank you Kam, Mr. & Mrs. Grumpy for the untiring energy that you put in. Dropped more $ on raffles and T-shirts than toward the swap tables - but heck, it's all for a great cause and cheap audio education. Drive on AudioKarma!

3. Mopic5

Mopic5 Super Member

Um...Let me rephrase that. "An free education in audio".

4. Fisher-Dave

Fisher-Dave Super Member

Best time I can remember.It was a true pleasure to meet each and everyone there,and some mighty fine gear I got to hear as well.I was not going to spend a dime,but wound up with a complete system,at a great price!! Thanks guys :banana:

5. piece-it pete

piece-it pete What, me worry?

Excellent. Phenomenal. A blast. Three thumbs up.

I also thank our illustrious leaders & co for all the behind the scenes hard work and all the members and vendors who don't hesitate to give you the benifit of their knowledge. Oh and hearing all the butt-kicking sounds!

I've gotta get some sleep. See you all (and hopefully more) next year,

Pete

6. Kegger

Kegger R.I.P. 1/12/1966 - 6/1/2017 Super Mod Subscriber

Yes what a wonderful experience (AGAIN) and all the great people I met along the
    way, and I met a lot! I can't even begin to remember half of there names as I have
    no memmory, and after friday night now it's even worse!

Many people stopped into my room and socialized, listened to tunes, maybe have some
    cocktails and just plain bullshit about great audio no matter where it came from or the cost.

I believe I had the cheapest pair of speakers there, they were the preverbial, yes bang for
    the buck as I had $1 invested in them and thought they did very well for what they were.

Very special time was had by myself and I suspect many others.

7. cableguy

cableguy In Twang We Trust

Ditto..... I/we had a great time. It was great to meet everyone there. I was very impressed with what I heard and saw. The fest was a blast. Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen..... :yes: Came home with some great toys thanks to Grumpy, Pete and Andy. I really liked the after hours social, that was the best....

8. Cosmos

Cosmos Speakerholic

Totally Awesome!

Wish I had more time there and had a listening room.

Next year, I intend to.

9. ARguy

ARguy AR Collector

Yes, those EPI 200's were VERY interesting... :thmbsp:

10. gonzp

gonzp Klipschophile

After surviving the drive from Southfield to Cheyenne (17 hours) Brian and I had plenty of time to reflect on our experience this weekend in Michigan. I think that friendships are what comes out of this more than anything. I would like to thank the Admin, and moderators for everything that they do to insure that my little slice of the world wide web stays updated and running smoothly when ever I decide that I want to visit.
    I know that it is a labor of love. I met a few people that I have seen on the board that I instantly clicked with. Dmax, piece it pete, audio flynn, reynman, punker, sandyg and Craig, were just a few. Brian (my travel companion) I got to get to know him better than I knew him before. I now consider him not just a friend but a good friend. Mrs Grumpy and Mrs Kam thanks for all you do. I know that the guys get the credit but I also know who shares alot of the burdons good or bad. As far as the stereo's go I have come to the conclusion that, good does not necessarily cost alot of money and our obsession with audio nirvana will never be satisfied. Was it worth the 1200 mile trip? you bet it was, even though I went to Detroit and didn't even get a lousy t-shirt... :dunno: Happy listening to all and to all a good day!

11. CarlV

CarlV AK Subscriber Subscriber

I got home at 4:30 AM eastern this AM and I am not wrapped tight at all today but it needs to be said that people over 50 metabolisms should not eat White Castle cheeseburgers. :yes:

Carl

12. piece-it pete

piece-it pete What, me worry?

:lmao:

Pete

13. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

It was a lot of fun meeting old and many new folks this year. Only wish I had much more time to spend in the listening rooms and chatting with more of our great members.

Was specially nice to shoot with anyone that dropped into ray and my room. Again really wish i had more time to chit chat..

14. Drybasement

Drybasement Hold the ketchup...

:lmao:

They don't call them things gut bombers for nothing Carl. I seen you guys woofing those things down and I almost warned you but then I thought....nah, he'll find out soon enough.

Cheers

15. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

I warned em :)

Tim has been dying to try them out for a couple of years. Bet he wished he died before trying them now LOL

16. RichPA

RichPA Don't drive angry Staff Member Super Mod Subscriber

I thought they called 'em "sliders" :lmao:

17. Andyman

Andyman Scroungus Stereophilus Subscriber

Actually, I call them a lot of things

But not "food" :lmao:

18. Drybasement

Drybasement Hold the ketchup...

Yep, they did, and I bet they slid out faster than they slid in. :lmao:

19. Kamakiri

Kamakiri The New Dynamic

Funny though, they weren't bad at first, kinda like a greasy chip steak on a dinner roll with a pickle.

But man, I could've farted the "Star-Spangled Banner" by the time I got back to the room to go to bed. The wife wouldn't have been too amused, if she hadn't crashed hard and slept through it :drool:

I think there might still be one caught in my GI tract......

20. BlackSwamp

BlackSwamp Previously DingusBoy

Now that's funny!

Wasn't there a guy in the late 19th Century who could do the French anthem?