Watch out for this guy.

Tommy_B

This is just sad. I buy and sell goods other than audio and rarely if ever encounter outright scam artists.

He was listing a Sansui 9090DB and I think a Kenwood Eleven a while back on the Yuma CL. Then he started listing on Flagstaff CL. Now back on Phoenix CL. I hear that if you ask to meet in person, he will not respond. He will offer to ship though, after you send him money. Yeah, right! I hope no one is falling for his scam.

The Heresy one has been removed but the Pioneer is still up. Another good reason to belong to AK!

Yes, he won't respond if he knows you're looking to pick up in person. He just waits for someone out of town to ask him to ship.

Looks like "Dave" is back:

https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/ele/d/pioneer-sx-1080/6324576305.html
I offered to come pick it up the day it was posted, no response. Three days later I responded with a different account and he confirms it's still for sale. Ad says he is willing to "ship".
I had messaged him on Monday the 25th asking about the SX-1080 asking if he was interested in trading for guitar gear not knowing any of this. His response was "no, just cutting my pile down a little.
F'n rat bastage. I hate scammers.

Wire fraud is a federal offence.
I believe international mail fraud would be also.
Someone needs to find a Federal office that will to go after this guy, perhaps a sting operation.
He is flying under the radar with these $300-500 one at a time scams.

I my area we have a nut case that has listed the same gear for years. He lists on C.L in cities out of his area and when someone falls for it and drives 50 or 75 miles to see something he backs out. If you answer with your email address and he can get your name he'll verbally attack you for weeks . He inherited it all from daddy I'm sure and has never sold anything. i keep seeing the same pieces year after year . He'll say better get it now or it will be on eBay next month for a higher price. Most of us around here know of him and don't pay him much attention .

I my area we have a nut case that has listed the same gear for years. He lists on C.L in cities out of his area and when someone falls for it and drives 50 or 75 miles to see something he backs out. If you answer with your email address and he can get your name he'll verbally attack you for weeks . He inherited it all from daddy I'm sure and has never sold anything. i keep seeing the same pieces year after year . He'll say better get it now or it will be on eBay next month for a higher price. Most of us around here know of him and don't pay him much attention .

Monster receiver guy in Indianapolis?

Of course he's reading this. He's a scumbag and wants to know who is trying to give him the same. He'll get caught eventually. They always do.

Maybe a group of victims should start a class action suit against him. Even though he's on the internet, it isn't that hard to identify him.

Back
Top Bottom