Watching stupid driver YouTube channels

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
The national news is so obnoxious to escape it I have been watching stuff like the dash cam’ crash-n-roll channels. The Russians colliding, rolling, crunching, running over people. Australian Truck drivers and the Banzai drivers around them. The Chinese videos were you see countless motor scooters traveling the streets like coveys of quail to run into each other or get plowed down by a passing metal raptors on 4 wheels. In Russia in the cities and towns it seems like there is always the bundled up old lady dressed in black with a large purse walking across the street and all of this metal crunching is going on around her and she does not react to it at all. In China you have a scrum of motor scoopers with bruised but otherwise uninjured people tangled up in the pile and people just pass around it. Watching the Russians why do their curse words sound so much better then ours?

I have discovered something since I have been watching these videos it has vastly increased my situational awareness of my driving space. I am noticing things that I might not have before. So I guess this isn’t so mindless after all.

I am glad I am not the only one that is hooked in by these video's.

There is another channel that is exclusively archival video's of fatal crashes in LA apparently done by CHiP's, and LA law enforcement. You watch the LAFD cutting people out of the wreckage. The video's are not really very gruesome they don't show anything that could ID the people killed or injured in these crashes. I am not going to post a link you can find this channel on your own, there is parental considerations to think of.

In Wyoming during the summer we have to deal with what I call "Road Toads" these are motorcycle tourers, "baggers" the worst are the "Wing Nuts" Honda Interstate riders, with their 6 cylinder engines, cruise controls, and trailers They are encased in full helmets, riding suits, with sound systems and microphones which completely cut them off from the outside world like space suits. The are completely unaware of what is going on around them. Only the sparsh highway traffic in Wyoming prevents them from getting run over when they block 18 wheelers trying to make a hill at some sort of speed.

Pedestrians hit by vehicles is another. Lots of accidents taking place in the painted crosswalks.
You get one or two vehicles stopped and someone crosses while d vehicle races thru and nails ‘em.

I figure a good percentage is caused by people not looking both ways twice while you cross.

I saw one gal on her phone walking down steps to cross the road totally oblivious to the car that nailed her.

Gotta look out for them. We know they're lucky to look past the hood while driving. Saw plenty of scary people driving in NJ. Town I grew up in virtually taken over by Indians in the 90's. Cross the street by the 50 against the light. Cars will stop.

I love the (Mostly) Russian wreck videos. There are some amazingly stupid moves made with instant punishment. One of the funniest ones is there was a guy in a parking lot, it looked like a medical building. An old lady in a blue car who goes the wrong way and ignores the guy who she hit honking the horn frantically. When she hits, her head bangs against the windshield and then she panics and backs into the cars parked behind her, while her face looks like an old Big Time Wrestling show where The Sheik got his forehead cut with the tiny little hunk of razor blade.
One of the worst wrecks and probably the one I watched more than any other was this moron was driving at least 80MPH, yelling in Russian. His dashcam is recording the action. He causes a minor wreck, but avoids being hit. It's raining pretty hard, but that doesn't slow him down. He drops the hammer and passes a semi, which is going too fast too. He cuts the truck off and it jackknifes (shown in a video from another truck following behind. The idiot in the car runs up someone going a sane speed, and the guy slams on his brakes. He starts the "death wobble" and in his case, death is too nice a word for what happens to him He crosses the centerline, sideswipes another car, bounces off the guardrail on the right side, and then a dump truck hits him head on. He bounces off that in 2 pieces (He's in two pieces, not his car, it's in 1000) and then his torso gets squished by another semi trying to avoid the dump truck. We watched that wreck at work dozens of times that night, at the end, we were doing commentary like one of the old Driver's Ed wreck movies. I can't find it now..damn, it's just amazing. There are too many wreck videos on YT to find any particular wreck.

Has anyone seen the one where the motorcyclist rear ends a moving car on the freeway, does a complete flip, and lands standing in the car roof?

The national news is so obnoxious to escape it I have been watching stuff like the dash cam’ crash-n-roll channels. The Russians colliding, rolling, crunching, running over people. Australian Truck drivers and the Banzai drivers around them. The Chinese videos were you see countless motor scooters traveling the streets like coveys of quail to run into each other or get plowed down by a passing metal raptors on 4 wheels. In Russia in the cities and towns it seems like there is always the bundled up old lady dressed in black with a large purse walking across the street and all of this metal crunching is going on around her and she does not react to it at all. In China you have a scrum of motor scoopers with bruised but otherwise uninjured people tangled up in the pile and people just pass around it. Watching the Russians why do their curse words sound so much better then ours?

I have discovered something since I have been watching these videos it has vastly increased my situational awareness of my driving space. I am noticing things that I might not have before. So I guess this isn’t so mindless after all.

I watch too many of them but one of the first I watched remains a fave only for the music interaction @ 0:06 and the choice of music starting @ 0:58 -

There are couple conclusions you can jump to re: their driving: piss poor tires and a 2-position throttle, slow & warp 5.

There are couple conclusions you can jump to re: their driving: piss poor tires and a 2-position throttle, slow & warp 5.

I think the biggest reason is that almost all Russian drivers have dash cams. It sounds like it is necessary in order to avoid being ripped off by the insurance companies or corrupt law enforcement.
Here is a quote from an old Wired article about this issue:

The sheer size of the country, combined with lax — and often corrupt — law enforcement, and a legal system that rarely favors first-hand accounts of traffic collisions has made dash cams all but a requirement for motorists.

I'm sure if drivers in the US all had dash cams, we would see a lot more crash videos here.

I think the biggest reason is that almost all Russian drivers have dash cams. It sounds like it is necessary in order to avoid being ripped off by the insurance companies or corrupt law enforcement.
Here is a quote from an old Wired article about this issue:

The sheer size of the country, combined with lax — and often corrupt — law enforcement, and a legal system that rarely favors first-hand accounts of traffic collisions has made dash cams all but a requirement for motorists.

I'm sure if drivers in the US all had dash cams, we would see a lot more crash videos here.

I wasn't referring to why they have dashcams but the dead short present between the driver's seat & steering wheel.

After having a year and a half of actually owning a dashcam (retrofitted GoPro), I've only gotten a few cool things.

Unicycle rider.
Driving into and out of the black gorge in Colorado
Guy on his phone tripping over a curb and cracking his face open.

I found a good deal on a dash cam and decided to get it because I was seeing so many people in my lane while they were on the phones. As soon as I installed it, everybody started staying in their own lane! It works! :)

Back
Top Bottom