wayne/jayne county?- vu, thunders fans

thedelihaus

Nocturnal transmissions
Fans of the V.U., New York Dolls, Johnny Thunders, I can only speculate you are fans of the Dead Boys, The Damned, Destroy All Monsters, ect.. but have you experienced the music and cult of Wayne/Jayne County???

i don't anything more about wayne/jayne than that he/she existed in the late 70's/early 80's no wave NYC and got loosely lumped into 'punk' because of the transgressive nature of their/his/her performances. never heard the music, though

Jayne County appears in the Johnny Thunders bio, "Born To Lose: The Last Rock 'N Roll Movie." I have heard some songs here and there, but not a full LP. She is still performing!

Funny to look back at that time (I was just a tot!) and see how Punk pretty much accepted EVERYONE. Gay/straight/female/tranny...it didn't matter as long as you were REAL. It really WAS all about attitude! As long as you made music for the sake of music, you were respected. There were no male punk acts or female...there was PUNK. Period!

jayne002.jpg

Last edited:
I once collected as many versions of "Cherry Bomb" as I could find. Wayne/Jane did one- pretty good in fact!

I was on a kick of compilations of the same song by different artists at the time. Big fun doing "Whiskey In the Jar". Not often you can get Elvis and Megadeath doing the same song.

Take care,

Ed

Back
Top Bottom