WC-22 Case restore advice

marcthisdate

Where’s the confounded bridge?
Subscriber
I'm looking for a little advice my fellow AKer's. I finally picked up a long wanted WC-22 for my 2225 receiver. The last part of my quest to give my vintage equipment the back to nature look. The case is in good condition with no chips or de-lamination of the veneer. There are a couple of scratches however that I'm focusing on. None of these are deep thankfully but I don't want to do any harm to it. Should I sand it down lightly to remove them? or, should I use a scratch cover and wood conditioner and not sand it?

Any suggestions would be welcome...

IMG_3701.jpg IMG_3702.jpg IMG_3703.jpg IMG_3704.jpg IMG_3705.jpg IMG_3706.jpg

F9A71710-8B6E-46C1-B9AF-0A7CC438A037.jpeg 9D52DE9E-3D82-4314-BBE8-F700795718FC.jpeg Look up AK member Asaalah and his custom cabinets. You won’t find a better cabinet at a better price anywhere. Then sell you beat up cabinet on EBay for almost what the new one will cost you from Asaalah. I got one and it’s wonderful.

View attachment 1236343 View attachment 1236341 Look up AK member Asaalah and his custom cabinets. You won’t find a better cabinet at a better price anywhere. Then sell you beat up cabinet on EBay for almost what the new one will cost you from Asaalah. I got one and it’s wonderful.
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going to try and save it, I have a thing for trying to keep things as original as I can. If it does not come out well, I will give Asaalah a shout.

Nice work! That was going to be my recommendation - light sanding or steel wool, followed by a light staining and oil or wax finish. Very nice!

Back
Top Bottom