We are continuing to work on tweaking AK.

The one big improvement I noticed is the speed of the new software. That will make the current minor niggles well well worth the inconvenience when everything eventually gets sorted.

Thanks!!

Ray

Thanks for all the hard work--new format works well for me and seems much faster, and is "cleaner" visually--only "complaint" or "recommendation" is bringing back the location information with postings to allow people to help out or get together locally.

Thanks for all the hard work--new format works well for me and seems much faster, and is "cleaner" visually--only "complaint" or "recommendation" is bringing back the location information with postings to allow people to help out or get together locally.

Click the avatar of the individual whose location you want to know. The pop up window that results will tell you all you want to know and more (ex.: for you -> NW Pennsylvania snow belt).

Enjoy,
Rich P

.......and only one of me.........

You're doing just fine!!!! You da Man.....

oz_manbehindcurtain.png

Cool they just fixed posts you viewed and commented on will be shown on the new post page.

Edit> well it still has a glitch.

What, there's more to come? Well, looks great and seems much faster on the computer plus my iPad 2 (from about 2011) is no longer seizing up on here.
Thank you for all of the work!

Ignore the naysayers. I never heard such whining in all my days.

Having done a "big board" conversion to XenForo myself, this is the one thing that used to frustrate me personally, and the moderation staff also. What starts as an announcement thread ends up being a mix of: 1) Where is feature X, oh, and feature Y isn't working; 2) I'm leaving; 3) Why are my old posts gone; 4) I miss ____ from the old forum; 5) The old forum was great--this thing sucks; 6) I'm leaving, too; 7) great job! ....and so on.

Hate to say it but being the only person working the conversion, I had to pretty much ignore everything until I got all of the work done. It was very overwhelming and distracting to have all this feedback thrown at us, when I still had a long stretch of work ahead. I could spend a week chasing my tail with all the requests I could fix, vs. just going ahead and doing things on my punch list until it was done, and much sooner. After the major work was done, then we were able to start looking at fixing all the minor issues that members reported to us and of course by then, there wasn't much left other than stray problems.

The basic conversion isn't so hard, but it is time consuming; it's all the details after the data is converted that takes a while to sort out.

Hat's off (and thanks!) to Luther and everyone here behind the scenes for tackling this, and the tremendous work involved!

Members had the luxury of playing on AK under an old software that had been tweaked over 13 years. We will get the new AK sorted out with some time. It won't be 13 years but it won't be a few days either.

We are working on many levels. Things that make the forums run like database, server, scripts, etc. Then there are members things like logging in, forum access, posting permissions, etc. Not to mention, things that are still works in progress like the search engine and photo gallery.

With over 8 million posts, 200K attachments, almost 200K members and only one of me, it is a daunting task. We do appreciate your patience and understanding.
Thank you.
I see that you plan to add a photo gallery again Nice! I was a little upset to see all my photo albums gone, since some of those pics that were here and here only and are long gone from my computer, those albums were kind of like a history of the progression of my system.
And was also disappointed to see that all the groups I was a member and the one I created were also gone.
But as I navigate through the new version of these forums I can see there is an improvement in many areas...
so job well done and thank you for all your hard work.

A big thank you to Luther and all the great people running AK. This site was in desperate need of an update and it is a seriously daunting task with a site this big. Looking forward to the new look and feel. As others have said I've noticed the speed has definitely picked up.

Being a Network Administrator for a 1:1 school district, I can appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this upgrade. Yes, change is always daunting for some but, like everything in life, it'll get better for all. I'm about to have to do 6 server upgrades (complete replacements) and migrate our complete database of faculty and students in the background while everyone else works along like nothing is going on. Little do they know...

New site looks great. The main thing I miss, or can't find, is how to Search for threads started by ME or for people in general. Like how to go back to my Bartertown threads before the change. If I get that figured out, or someone can clue me in, I'm golden.

Thanks again.

Thank you Luther and everyone at AK who keep the forum going - without that dedication there would be no Audiokarma.

Thank you Luther and everyone at AK who keep the forum going - without that dedication there would be no Audiokarma.
Absolutely! Having done similar tasks in my own career, performing updates such as this is no small task. Congrats on a job well done! You can always fix the smaller bugs later.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Many thanks to you for this daunting task. Wasn't around for the last 13 years but hope to be for the next 13 years and more! Great work no issues I can't work around for some time. Thanks again!

Its starting to click for me, I think i can do pretty much everything before. The banana is back! I'm not sure if it was an issue with the site , with the mobile feed,android or my old phone in particular but i was writing a post the other day and as it got long i couldn't scroll to spots (really not an issue, also maybe it is my lack of phone savvy) I think (I think!) you guys (Luther?) You've got this thing's ass kicked!!:jump:

Last edited:
I see a lot of complaints about image resizing. Lot of folk apparently missing the hover message to click for full size. One thing might help ...
CLICK THIS IMAGE FOR FULL SIZE VERSION
system-jan14-003.jpg

Back
Top Bottom