Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

I went to an estate sale today close to my home. I got there early and I was the first person to hit the records and CDs. Found some nice albums with several still in the shrink wrap. Unfortunately, I had to leave just as many behind due to condition of the vinyl. Records and CDs were $2.00 each and she counted the Chess Blues box set as one CD. :banana:

2017-03-10 09.59.19.jpg 2017-03-10 10.00.06.jpg 2017-03-10 10.00.42.jpg 2017-03-10 10.01.25.jpg

I went to an estate sale today close to my home. I got there early and I was the first person to hit the records and CDs. Found some nice albums with several still in the shrink wrap. Unfortunately, I had to leave just as many behind due to condition of the vinyl. Records and CDs were $2.00 each and she counted the Chess Blues box set as one CD. :banana:

Is that Hopkins 'Soul Blues' a reissue? The original Prestige mono is of considerable value.

I went to an estate sale today close to my home. I got there early and I was the first person to hit the records and CDs. Found some nice albums with several still in the shrink wrap. Unfortunately, I had to leave just as many behind due to condition of the vinyl.

Cream in shrink. Is it yellow label?

View attachment 884652 View attachment 884654 View attachment 884655 View attachment 884656

That Blues at Newport 1964, Part 1 album looks like it might be interesting.

Snagged 45 or so records from an estate on my lunch break. Mostly junk like Bauhaus & Pet Shop Boys. Have yet to go through it, was obviously in a hurry. Didn't even check condition but the sleeves were all NM so I took the chance...

Estate company owner said he already took the Pink Floyd and stuff. He just had to mention Meddle with the inserts, the one that has eluded me to this day. :(

Last edited:
Snagged 45 or so records from an estate on my lunch break. Mostly junk like Bauhaus & Pet Shop Boys. Have yet to go through it, was obviously in a hurry. Didn't even check condition but the sleeves were all NM so I took the chance...

Estate company owner said he already took the Pink Floyd and stuff. He just had to mention Meddle with the inserts, the one that has eluded me to this day. :(

I wouldn't consider Bauhaus junk. Not even close. Nice find, I had to part ways with the majority of my punk/ new wave albums during a divorce many years ago. Some day....

Proverbial junk... ;)

Quite a mix now that I paged through it again. I think it was a few estates worth of stuff since he asked me what color price tags. All kinds of different stuff ranging from Bauhaus to Santana to Miles and back to Depeche Mode. All in excellent shape. Couple sleeve scuffs here and there but that's all. Don't even feel the need to clean them...

*edit* Needed a photo of course! These are just a few selections. Great condition on all of it. Someone took take of their stuff...

20170316_213009.jpg

Last edited:
I've been looking for that Kinks album forever! Muswell Hillbillies is a classic. Lots of other great stuff in there!!!

Is this AK Anonymous?
My name is Peter, and I feel I am addicted to vintage audio. :)
I come here for my daily fix.
I see all the wonderful stuff others have found, then leave feeling I need to go out and look for some wonderful stuff myself!
:D

There, now I feel better.

Is this AK Anonymous?
My name is Peter, and I feel I am addicted to vintage audio. :)
I come here for my daily fix.
I see all the wonderful stuff others have found, then leave feeling I need to go out and look for some wonderful stuff myself!

There, now I feel better.

*passes you a needle ;)

Proverbial junk... ;)

Quite a mix now that I paged through it again. I think it was a few estates worth of stuff since he asked me what color price tags. All kinds of different stuff ranging from Bauhaus to Santana to Miles and back to Depeche Mode. All in excellent shape. Couple sleeve scuffs here and there but that's all. Don't even feel the need to clean them...

*edit* Needed a photo of course! These are just a few selections. Great condition on all of it. Someone took take of their stuff...

View attachment 889859

One man's junk... That Selecter album has eluded me for years, top notch second wave ska from Two Tone records. The Faith No More and Depeche Mode aren't too shabby either. I think you meant that this stuff was fodder, nothing too out of the ordinary.

Back
Top Bottom