Weekly Estate and Garage sale finds (pics)

Nice buy!

I have a pair of 601 series IIs.
Different covers over the drivers (not really grills), but they look functionally identical to yours.
$5 at a yard sale + $30 in foam surrounds, so like you, I am right around $40 deep in them.
Not as nice shape as yours, though.

As to performance, I really like my 601s.
They are awesome!

Alrighty, call me a geek. Got thisat an estate sale for $3. Wife likes the Bee Gees and I do too a bit. Everything is in top shape.

Attachments

• IMG_20170524_115122.jpg
    IMG_20170524_115122.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 67
I have absolutely no room for this at all, but I was at an estate sale this morning, and was told this came out of some Dr.'s house in Chicago. I had to take it home. No idea what brand it is, but its vintage and its very cool. Solid hardwood frame and leather sling.
77B4BBF5-D9C7-4949-8BB5-1D9C4F78D81D_zpsbwbnt8lw.jpg

Yep. Nice photo by the way. I wish I had a camera that would do that. Those are generally considered to be the best sounding copies of SNF.

What's that sticker? Previous owner's name and address?

Also thanks for the insight. I'll keep a lookout for his work in the future. I was really lucky getting this one as the record pro's were deep into their twenty deep pile of albums while this one sat on the opposite side of the room by two other musical albums. Lucky they didn't look. Otherwise their Jedi sense would have started tingling.

Also thanks for the insight. I'll keep a lookout for his work in the future. I was really lucky getting this one as the record pro's were deep into their twenty deep pile of albums while this one sat on the opposite side of the room by two other musical albums. Lucky they didn't look. Otherwise their Jedi sense would have started tingling.
The jacket credit is because he mastered the various tapes that made up the compilation. He didn't cut every copy, so the 'Wally" in the deadwax is still desirable. I'd probably ask $15-20 for that copy.

I have absolutely no room for this at all, but I was at an estate sale this morning, and was told this came out of some Dr.'s house in Chicago. I had to take it home. No idea what brand it is, but its vintage and its very cool. Solid hardwood frame and leather sling.
77B4BBF5-D9C7-4949-8BB5-1D9C4F78D81D_zpsbwbnt8lw.jpg

Looks cool. I would guess that it was probably made by a small shop. Maybe even a one man operation.. If so, there should be a signature or mark on it somewhere. I sign my works in weird places.. It could be mass produced, and if it was, they did a really nice job with the joinery and design.

Today's score buck a piece, apparently I missed a bunchch of Marantz gear here yesterday. Only thing left was a BSR 810 tt I don't need.

Attachments

• 1495816746307776104831.jpg
    1495816746307776104831.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
Today's CD finds at a local sale for .25/each:

David Bowie - Let's Dance (Capitol)
Cars - Cars (Polygram Target W Germany)
Eric Clapton - Back Home (Reprise PROMO)
Doors - Waiting For The Sun (Elektra)
Doors - Morrison Hotel (Polygram Target W Germany)
George Harrison - Best Of (Capitol)
Led Zeppelin - Houses Of The Holy (Atlantic JVC Japan)
Pink Floyd - Obscured By Clouds (Capitol)
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here (CBS USA/Japan DADC)
John Lennon - Plastic Ono Band (Capitol)
The Who - Who Are You (MCA)
Neil Young - After The Gold Rush (Reprise)
ZZ Top - Tres Hombres (Warner Bros)

T
Last weekend I went to a subdivision sale and the first house I stopped at had these sitting in the driveway, so I made a bee line for them. Bose 601 Series III in mint condition. Not a mark anywhere on the cabinets. The woofers have perfect foam, so I am thinking they were re-foamed somewhere down the line. I vacuumed out the dust caps, and fired them up. Best $40 I have spent in a long time.
AFBED4DB-4807-4864-A36D-95E102724A35_zpsmwmm5nqe.jpg
263B94DD-1ACF-419B-91E5-885A21C9ACC4_zpsiyulc9c4.jpg
420B0D9A-71F9-4F81-B19E-67FDA7F93CC0_zpsbyqwvka2.jpg
Thats Awesome!

I helped all day at a big fund raising sale around the corner, proceeds for a local women's shelter. Aside from my time I contributed a bunch of stuff to sell (no junk!).

Along with a few other small things I came home with a complete set of Phaidon Design Classics. All 3 were still sealed in plastic early in the day but I din't notice them at first and actually thought they were some kind of text book or something. By the time I realised how cool they were one had been opened and they were not in perfect condition but almost. If I keep them they will be sort of the ultimate coffee table book for a geek like me. I paid $30 for them but I was kind of naming my own price and if I hadn't bought them they might not have sold at all as it was getting late.

Phaidon Design Classics by Buhduh, on Flickr

Back
Top Bottom