Welborne Labs business in trouble ? Be aware

Discussion in 'DIY' started by Thierry77, Jun 17, 2007.

1. John Benevol

John Benevol New Member

:tresbon:
    I'd like to thank Thierry for keeping us informed and also providing the forum with the subsequent BBB investigation report.Good detective work.The same thing is occurring with my DRD order at the moment.Initially purchased via the welborne shopping cart.Lots of excuses initially also lied originally stating that the item had been shipped,when it had not.Now Ive had no response for 2 months and taking up the matter with Paypal.Shoppers be aware,paypal only guarantee your purchases for 45 days,after which time they absolve themselves of ANY responsibility,even though their transaction receipts do not mention any terms & conditions regarding this fact,allowing a definite legal loophole for anybody caught out like this.By the way Thierry was the matter finally settled?

2. Russellc

Russellc AK Subscriber Subscriber

This post should be made a sticky, perhaps no one else will fall prey to this poor excuse for a business. Do us all a favor Ron, close your doors!

Russellc

3. 240sx4u

240sx4u Lunatic Member

Its truly unfortunate. I have an old welborne labs phono stage that I really enjoy.

I don't think anything has been resolved yet judging by the posts on audio asylum.

Evan

4. dividebytube

dividebytube Well-Known Member

I used to order wooden chassis boxes from Welborne Labs and he was always pretty honest / quick with the shipments. I haven't ordered anything from him recently so I can't comment further - just sad to see.

5. cjames28

cjames28 New Member

I too have had a bad experience with Welborne Labs. I ordered a ST-70 rebuild kit and only got part of the material I needed for the amp. Still waiting for the power transformer and the tubes! I'll never buy anything from Ron Welborne again.

6. cjames28

cjames28 New Member

Poor response from Welborne Labs

I too have had a bad experience with Welborne Labs. I ordered a ST-70 rebuild kit and only got part of the material I needed for the amp. Still waiting for the power transformer and the tubes! I'll never buy anything from Ron Welborne again.

7. John Benevol

John Benevol New Member

Welborne Labs has treated me along with many others disgracefully.He has defrauded me.I have Consumer Protection Australia,IC3,Colorado State Attorneys Office,NAB Visa Card all working on this.WHY ON EARTH IS THIS MERCHANT OF DOOM STILL ALLOWED TO TRADE BY PAYPAL?WHY DO THEY CONTINUE TO ENDORSE A KNOWN AND PROVEN REPROBATE AND FLOUTING ALL APPLICABLE ETHICAL STANDARDS OF COMMERCIAL PRACTICE?A warning to anybody out there DON'T ORDER ANYTHING FROM WELBORNE LABS,you will never see your money again.

8. soundmotor

soundmotor super modified Subscriber

Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you sue in your home state small claims court?

It also seems that if everyone with a complaint against him unified and began sending written noticies to one Denver detective that action might be taken there.

Further, did anyone pay by mail?

If so, your local post office can get in on the act.

All the BBB can do is warn others off.

They cannot resolve anything.

9. PakProtector

PakProtector AK member

Let's see, RMAF was just in Denver...and nobody who got ripped off by Ron thought to take a break and pay him a visit? That would have made for a thread I'd like to read I think.
    cheers,
    Douglas

but seriously, SM's suggestion is a good one, somebody post a Denver detective's name and everybody can pille on.

10. Grumpy

Grumpy Krusty old SOB! Yes, I own Audiokarma Staff Member Admin Sponsor Subscriber

That would have been a much easier task for those who attended RMAF if Welborne was there. They were not..

11. John Benevol

John Benevol New Member

Make Ron's day a happy one.

RE WELBORNE LABS : any good folk out there seeking either a resolution or refund,I believe Ron is contactable on the following Email address (provided to me by Paypal)that is, providing he is either decent enough or man enough to face up to his responsibilities and reply...wlabs@wildblue.net.Good luck all,sincerely,John Benevoli.

12. clivetjm

clivetjm New Member

I frequent audio-talk, a UK based BB. One of the guys on there (Collin - Toppsy) ordered from Ron recently. He then heard about the problems some were having. It's pleasing to see that Toppsy has received the kit he ordered from Ron. His only gripe now is the £13 charge from Parcel Force for administering customs duty but we can't blame Ron for that!

http://www.audio-talk.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=100&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

13. clivetjm

clivetjm New Member

It seems it was hasty to suggest a recent order with Ron worked out well. It seems some major parts are missing from said order.

14. Rick Rob

Rick Rob New Member

Welborne Labs problems

I ordered the Dynaco 70 board and components. What I got was an incomplete order, the board and the top plate were missing.

An employee by the name of Anne responded to emails-that the remaining parts were being sent. The problem is, that package went to ANOTHER address in my City. Then Anne promised a refund, at least until their poor handling was taken care of.

The refund never came, same with the parts. My subsequent emails were ignored and I have heard nothing more, almost 3 months since I ordered the parts. To make matters worse, my credit card was charged long before the initial shipment. I have even offered to return their incomplete shipment if a refund was made. Again, no reply. I don't expect any resolution at this point and am warning others. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY.

Rick Rob

15. vinylvalet

vinylvalet New Member

I have had trouble with him as well. This has been going on for at least a decade. Many negative posts on AudioAsylum as well as other forums. With so many problems over the years I'm surprised to hear that he is still in "business".
    I once questioned a design parameter for one of his amps on an audio forum; normal technical discussion. Next thing I know, in comes a PM from Welborne himself threatening to take legal action against me. Nice guy.

16. Binkman

Binkman Addicted Member

It's supply and demand.. small biz supplier.. first come first serve. You should ask if a complete bom can be filled since there is no apparent inventory available on his sight.

Life isn't always mcdonald's. :smoke:

btw.. I haven't bought from him.. never heard of him. But I'll email an order first if I do buy.

17. msyd

msyd New Member

Another bad experience

Just fyi the Welborne problems go on in 2015. I ordered a discrete op-amp from Welborne's excellent Web site. Shortly afterwards realised that it was mono, thus I needed a second for stereo. Sent a message to Welborne requesting a Paypal invoice for the additional op-amp. By return received the invoice which I paid. So now I'm down $210. Subsequently read about all the problems with Welborne. Waited for a whole month without even an acknowledgement of either order, then placed a PayPal claim with the resolution centre. They got no joy out of him either, so, long story rather long, PayPal gave me a full refund - the moral is, if you're going to deal with dodgy traders, protect yourself!

18. jaymanaa

jaymanaa Lunatic Member

This is really old news, I don't know if he got in over his head, or if he has little Larsony running through his veins. Just stay away!! Burn me once, bad on you, bur me twice, bad on me.:yes:

19. Russellc

Russellc AK Subscriber Subscriber

Old news. Dont bother with this place.

Russellc

20. Pauln

Pauln Active Member

The BBB of Denver does not seem to know about this?

BBB WL