Welcome to the world of James B. Lansing

Glad to see a Lansing site here. Hopefully it will be a vehicle for young to not so young fans of Lansing products to express their opinions and experiences without the vitriol that has and can happen on other forums.

Well, I guess I won’t be reading about JBL much anymore as I prefer the general speaker forum. This is going to make the general speaker forum less interesting.

Last edited:
Glad to see a Lansing site here. Hopefully it will be a vehicle for young to not so young fans of Lansing products to express their opinions and experiences without the vitriol that has and can happen on other forums.

That disagreement is one of the things that makes the general forums fun and very interesting. And there are plenty of lousy sounding JBLs, such as the L-220, so I could find ample opportunity for disagreement here were I so inclined. But if people want to hide in an echo chamber I’ll avoid them.

I enjoy a disagreement and banter regarding opposing views. I also agree with you on the L-220/L222. I have had both and found them to be harsh on the top end, boomy on the bottom end and seriously lacking midrange.

I just dislike “know it all” curmudgeons who make those with opposing views sound stupid and ignorant. No place for it on AK in my opinion as there is enough of that on the other forum. Again, just my $.02.

Very nice sounding Decade L 26s.

00P0P_jqICJ5tQbMi_600x450.jpg

Those look really nice. Did you do any restoration work on them? Cabs look especially sharp.

I also have a pair of the L-26s, and even though the cabs are very durable, I'd like to have them re-finished one day. I'm not the original owner, so can't say how they've been treated. But they are re-foamed, and sound quite well.

Those look really nice. Did you do any restoration work on them? Cabs look especially sharp.

I also have a pair of the L-26s, and even though the cabs are very durable, I'd like to have them re-finished one day. I'm not the original owner, so can't say how they've been treated. But they are re-foamed, and sound quite well.

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the panels were "weathered", probably stored in a garage and there was some wet potted plant damage.
  1. Refoamed the deteriorated surrounds meticulously
  2. Cleaned the grill cloth with detergent, dried
  3. Sanded them lightly with an orbital sander using 220 grit paper
  4. stained them with Minwax Golden Oak
  5. 2 coats of aerosol polyurethane, with sanding in between coats (maybe 320 grit)
  6. 3 days to dry due to cold weather.
:)

Thanks for the kind words. Yes, the panels were "weathered", probably stored in a garage and there was some wet potted plant damage.
  1. Refoamed the deteriorated surrounds meticulously
  2. Cleaned the grill cloth with detergent, dried
  3. Sanded them lightly with an orbital sander using 220 grit paper
  4. stained them with Minwax Golden Oak
  5. 2 coats of aerosol polyurethane, with sanding in between coats (maybe 320 grit)
  6. 3 days to dry due to cold weather.
:)

Your commendable effort shows! Too bad you didn't live in my region, I'd hire you to do mine. :beerchug:

Looks like 250Ti and L112. Doesn't say, so that's what I'll assume.

The input panel on the L250 and 250Ti most likely says "Northridge, CA". I could turn my 250ti around and check, or go dig out the boxes, but I doubt I'll find anything different than you'll see on yours. The plaque on the 250Ti LTD Edition even says right on it that they were "Custom crafted at . . . Northridge".

For the L112, I didn't turn mine around to check, or go find the boxes, but the original brochure says something like "every step in the design and construction of the L112 . . . is done in our Northridge, CA. facility."

Looks like 250Ti and L112. Doesn't say, so that's what I'll assume.

The input panel on the L250 and 250Ti most likely says "Northridge, CA". I could turn my 250ti around and check, or go dig out the boxes, but I doubt I'll find anything different than you'll see on yours. The plaque on the 250Ti LTD Edition even says right on it that they were "Custom crafted at . . . Northridge".

For the L112, I didn't turn mine around to check, or go find the boxes, but the original brochure says something like "every step in the design and construction of the L112 . . . is done in our Northridge, CA. facility."
sorry , I should have been more clear . They are L250's but not the Ti version I was told . I guess I was mostly interested when they were made .

Back
Top Bottom