Well the 3.5mm issue is dead for me. I don't miss it at all on my iPhone 7+

transmaster

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I have finally finished setting up my new iPhone 7+. Now I am listening music it on it, Yoko Kanno's beautiful soaring soundtrack to the anime Brain Powered (1998). it is a FLAC file played via Equalizer Pro. I am comparing the Bluetooth earphones, listening to the various wired earphone I have. The Kilpsch R6 Bluetooth are by far the best of the wireless earphone I have, they are very pleasant to listen to they only lack some of the transparency found with the wired earphone I have. The Senso are OK great for outdoor use they will not fall off of your ears and are reasonably water resistant, The TT-BH10 TaoTronic's are awful they have a very annoying sound bright and grating. The Sound of the Shure SE-215's are much better. The Etymotic's hf3's still better in their own way. What really surprised me was the Lightning Earpods the iPhone came with I was impressed by their sound much better then the earlier 3.5mm Earpods I have had very nice but unfortunately their cabling is still too fragile. With all this said I don't miss the 3.5mm phone plug, the room vacated by it has an extra speaker on my 7+ which improves it open air audio volume. Now I am waiting for a Shure and Etymotic's with lighting cabling. I tried out the AKG 240MKII's using my FiiO Alpen 2 DAC/Amp and was very pleased. It will be nice when FiiO releases the promised lightning cable for their DAC/amps with a digital input for a direct digital connection.

It's a shame somebody hasn't already started another VERY similar thread. ;)
Would normally agree. However everyday in this sub is a slow news day. The more action the better.

I don't regret buying my iPhone SE when I did. I am somewhat attached to it having purchased Apple Care. The headphone adaptor and a short IC like my VE male-male still wouldn't take up that much extra space. And the headphone adaptor does measure a little better than the stock output on the 6S. Had I purchased a 7 I don't believe I'd have been upset or let down. The only other thing the SE has going for it is that timeless design and 4-inch screen form factor and why I admit I still love.

yeah... it is all fine and good until the batteries die on your BT headphones 1/2 way on your flight to Hoboken, NJ, and you suddenly realize you can't use the headphones aux 3.5mm cable option because you phone has no 3.5mm jack and you forgot the adapter dongle (ha dongle) at home...

What is kind of funny the lament of "I can't listen to my iPhone while it charging" is not happening to me instead it is..:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant: I forgot to put the other Bluetooth earphones on charge. It only take about 45 minutes but still. I am kind of interested in the Klipsch R6 Neckband Headphones. They have an 18 hour battery incorporated into it. I have two pairs of R6 Bluetooth headphones they are the best sounding BT earphone of all I have used. This Neckband model incorporates the R6 earphone.

g714R6NECK-F.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom