Went with the Family to Gatlinburg, TN and stumbled on this.

the skipper

Professional Curmudgeon
Can't really find a snappy picture but it's a fun place. There are several tasting stations where for $5 and proof of age they have a bartender/spokesperson pour about a dozen thimble fulls of their various flavored "moonshine" whiskeys and give an entertaining little talk. We went twice.

It's a nice way to kill an hour or so and where else can you get several shots and a show for $5.00?

I likes the salted caramel and mango jalapeno..

https://olesmoky.com/pages/find-a-j...sW_u0dKIfn5vtq7Wt9zTX01s7jNuG1AxoCZTEQAvD_BwE

Dang - for $25 we get 4 or 5 good shots (and a serious glass to keep) at the Scotch tasting lectures at the Celtic festival in late october at the Richmond raceway.
Plus stories about the highlands, and bad jokes about getting wood (for the barrels)!

The scotch tasting is an optional fee for a charity, but entry to the festival is usually $20/day.

Yours sound like fun too!

Scotch-Tasting_7637.jpg Scotch-Wood_7638.jpg

Last edited:
My wife and I vacationed in Gatlinburg a few years ago (not long after the fire). We sampled as many different moonshine flavors as we could, and got a good buzz for $5. We didn't realize it until after we bought a couple of jars of ole Smokey, but alcohol percentage varies quite a bit depending on which flavor you get. Wish I'd noticed that before we bought them, as one was only 40 proof. Half of that jar is still in our fridge. It's too sweet to drink enough to get a buzz...

Back
Top Bottom