1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Wharfedale Owners Thread

Discussion in 'British Audio' started by tyeeslayer, Sep 10, 2013.

1. transmaster

transmaster AK Subscriber Subscriber

Thanks for the tip on the Mineral Spirits I had forgotten about the need to clean off all of the old goo embedded in the cabinets. Have an order for odorless mineral spirits on the way. I knew just what to get thanks to Bob Ross, and William Alexander. :D

Please register to disable this ad.

2. transmaster

I have watched tutorials on YouTube from the Real Milk Paint Company. Very interesting, instead of mineral spirits they use Citrus Solvent. I have some on the way.

[​IMG]

infullview likes this.
  3. infullview

infullview Active Member

And I bet it smells great as well!

transmaster likes this.
  4. transmaster

It is used to clean butcher blocks, and wooden cutting boards.

5. transmaster

The Citrus Solvent smells like Orange Peels, wonderful smell !!! Works fantastically well. too.

6. SonofJames

SonofJames New Member

If anyone in the u.s. happens to have a spare W70 8" midrange driver in good working condition they can spare please pm me. Tx

Please register to disable this ad.

7. transmaster

Other then cleaning up the surfaces the W45 with the Citrus Solvent they really didn’t need much prep-work prior to the start of applying the Tung Oil. I thinned it with the Citrus Solvent and for the first several coats I wiped it on with very fine steel wool. I am now applying thin coats of straight Tung oil. The Cabinets are starting to look good I’ll apply a couple of more coats, a finale super fine steel wool buffing, a hard wax job and call it done.
    3E303BC2-41F6-4B56-A940-1C6C5BCACA7B.jpeg 8505528E-EBD6-4047-B02D-90CF50362841.jpeg 7C204575-48ED-48ED-B67D-E7034F4E75E9.jpeg F6149E2C-3EED-4AB3-A26C-ED3F2F41E292.jpeg