1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

What a way to start 2018. The audio goddess smiled on me the 1st day 2018

Discussion in 'Tube Audio' started by sanford12, Jan 1, 2018.

1. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

I have original build and user manuals on the way. Building this from scratch would be a daunting task after looking it over underneath.. Not simple one by any means.

Here's video of it playing. Thanks Rick for letting use your tube tester and taking up your time. Much appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    random_noise and arts like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. primosounds

primosounds SE KT120 w/ 6J5G drivers. Subscriber

Not all the time. I am pretty sure that the later EICO kits had the tube sockets already fixed. I can check an assembly manual from EICO.....
    Just checked the 2036 assembly instructions and no mention of mounting the tube sockets. The 2536 is the receiver version of the 2036 so safe to say that is put together the same since they were released at the same time. Probably saves on wiring errors to have the tube sockets fixed.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    sanford12 and drtool like this.
  3. electronjohn

electronjohn Plug it in & see!! Subscriber

Niiiice!

sanford12 likes this.
  4. larryderouin

larryderouin Turn it UP, POP? PLLUUEEEZZZZZEE Subscriber

Kit's made by FISHER had all the sockets already mounted to the chassis when the builder bought the kit, I believe Scott also did this. So it's not unusual for kit builds to have riveted sockets.

sanford12 and drtool like this.
  5. drtool

drtool It might get loud In Houston Subscriber

Thanks for the extra info. It's great when I learn something new.

6. sanford12

sanford12 Old Stuff New Stuff As long as it's Good Stuff Subscriber

Got the Operators Manual and the Build diagrams both dated Feb. 13 1964 and learned something from each one. On the front of the Build book one of the features stated that all parts are pre-riveted to the chassis so that answers that question. The manual states that if the the stereo FM signal has a sub carrier that it will squeal and to use the plain (mono?)FM so there is nothing wrong with the amp

drtool likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.