What a weekend !!!!

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
This was the best show we have ever held !!

The hotel was great, the staff was very helpful, ready to get us whatever we needed.

The exhibitors seemed to have nothing but great things to say about AKfest '08.

We had members who have never been to the fest before, along with those who have never missed a fest before.

Music Saturday night was unbelievable !!!! One of the best guitar players that I have ever seen.

There was a restaurant, with edible food.

There was a bar - with a liquor license.

I could go on and on but I can't wait until I hear what other members have to say.

I do have to say thank you to all the AK members, whether you were here or not, you have helped to make Audiokarma one of the best sites that anyone could ever be a part of. Without all of your enthusiasm toward music, and the equipment that you use to enhance your listening enjoyment, AKfest may have never come to be.

It has been my pleasure and my honor to be a part of AKfest 08.

Nancy

There were many photos taken during the fest, and I am sure that they will be posted soon. Please remember many people are still traveling home tonight. And those of us who worked the fest did not have alot of time to take pics. Be patient they are coming......

This event was "TOP NOTCH" -- and I enjoyed every minute!!!
James -------JHS2RT:banana:

Nancy, there's really no way we can ever come close to thanking you Dave, Ernie, Luther, and all the unnamed others for the all they do and sacrifice to make this weekend what it is. Maybe just the smiles, laughter, and general wonderful feelings one has and sees there is a small indication of what a wonderful event you folks have produced.

Thank YOU!!

And those of us who worked the fest did not have alot of time to take pics.

Ms Grumpy, I've never met you, obviously, but I imagine you're a heck of a nice lady. Thanx for all your work, and all the others who helped, too. :thmbsp:

Saturday at the Fest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well -- what a day Saturday was. I arrived at the fest around 10:00AM with a friend in tow who wanted to check out some Mac gear.
Everyone was so nice. I met Ms. Grumpy who was so nice and kept the check in line well organized and answered all of my questions. Turned around and met Mark W and off to the rooms I went and that is when the fun really started.
Everyone including the dealers were so friendly and helpful and would demonstrate their system any way you wanted to hear it. My friend brought one of his own CD's so we could hear the same songs on different systems.
I went into the Mac room where they had the new MC 2301 and I closed the door and said to the demo person -- Take it "Balls to the Wall". He did for a few seconds and WHEW !!!!
Room after room was a new adventure,some I went into twice.
Around noon I handed my Pioneer 1250 to Echowars (Glenn) for him to take back with him and "bring it to factory standards" or "Better". Talking with Glenn is another experience in itself. First and foremost a very friendly person who's knowledge of the Pioneer line and the electronics aspect just blew me away.
I wandered around some more and my aching feet told me it was time to leave.
Last but not least ---the hotel staff was very kind and helpful.
Mr. Grumpy ----- Sorry I did not get the chance to shake you hand and tell you face to face what a very fine job you did in getting this event underway.It was in my opinion a smashing event.
I'm sure I passed several members who I did not recognize but EVERYONE made each other feel at home and at ease. I will never forget the look on peoples faces when they would come out of a sound room.
I just cannot wait until AK Fest 2009---Thanks to all.
James --- JHS2RT :thmbsp:

Nancy, there's really no way we can ever come close to thanking you Dave, Ernie, Luther, and all the unnamed others for the all they do and sacrifice to make this weekend what it is. Maybe just the smiles, laughter, and general wonderful feelings one has and sees there is a small indication of what a wonderful event you folks have produced.

Thank YOU!!

Well said Andy, I can't add much more to that.

Yes indeed, what a weekend. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

A big thanks to Dave and Nancy for pouring their heart and soul into making this a premier event. You folks are the best. You have such a nice and helpful family too. Great kids.

I'd also like to thank the volunteers for donating some, if not all, of their time to help make this a wonderful event. Big props to Ernie and his wife Linda.

Got a chance to meet some new faces this year including the Carolina Mafia. A great bunch of guys. And it was cool to spend some time with Modge who came all the way from the UK just to attend this event. Cheers Mate. Ken (Urizen), it was a pleasure to finally meet you. EKManning (Ed), the pleasure was all mine. AlleyKat (Bill) and his wife Debi thanks for everything. You two were fantastic. Our member of the year, Jaymanaa, you're quite a character bud and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.

And a special thanks to all those vendors and AK members for providing all those great listening rooms.

Cheers

A big thanks again to Mr. and Mrs. Grumpy and all of the people who made this fest possible. I wish I could have spent more time there this year, but from what I saw they did an extrordinary job of making everything work smoothly and making the fest enjoyable for everyone. Bravo!

Markus

Did not get to meet Grumpy, but the Mrs. was really nice and helpful. You guys did a heck of a job putting this show together - thank you!

I had a great time at the fest. It was well worth the drive from DC. The best part of the fest for me was the AK member rooms.

Ms. Grumpy,
You and your staff at the registration table had probably the most important and difficult jobs there. First impressions often set the tone for the whole event. You were all cheerful, knowledgable, and extremely patient. With a start like that how can you go wrong.

Back
Top Bottom