What an amazing day..

Ms Grumpy

Administrator
Admin
Super Mod
Subscriber
Today's SMAC meeting at our house was just so much fun ! It was great to see some faces that I haven't seen in over a year. And to spend some time catching up.

But this day would not have gone as smooth as it did without help from some very special people.

First and for most... Ernie and Linda- What can I say, the two of you are just such amazing people, you were here to help at 10am this morning.

Ernie, your help with so much stuff...getting ice, putting up the canopy, setting up tables and chairs, helping grumpy get his table set up, helping me with the smoker, your meat cutting skills, then taking the tent down, putting all the tables and chairs away and helping grumpy break down his table. I am sure there was so much more that you did today that I was not aware of. I just want you to know that I appreciated everything that you did today and I am lucky to call you my friend.

Linda....you are my kitchen mama ! You helped me so much more than you know today. From helping with the canopy and chairs, taking care of the brownies, putting out food, and then helping to clean everything up. You saved me with just washing the big ole chili pot ( that thing was pretty gnarly after cooking for hours). Then taking care of bottles and doing the recycleables. Linda you are a very special lady with a heart of gold who is always willing to help, and I need you to know that I would not have made it though today without your help. Thank you !

Pete......I think that everyone had a better time because you came. You always have a smile on your face that is contagious. I will say that the "roof ornament" was really cool ! It was great that you came and then to bring the big canopy was even better. Your help in setting up and taking down was invaluable, especially since you brought the canopy which was a big puzzle. I know that it was a very long ride for you, and I hope that you had a great time !

Dave and Gloria....First off it was great seeing and catching up with you. But most of all thank you for helping clean up. Gloria, thank you for working with Linda to get all the beer bottles taken care of, and condensing the coolers. Both of you stayed to help us take down the canopy and put all the tables and chairs away. Thank you so much !

There were so many others that helped, Andyman, Kegger, 313guy, and I know I could never remember everyone else. But you know who you are. Thank you from the bottom of my heart to everyone who helped make this just an amazing day.....

Nancy, Dave, Ernie, Linda and anyone else involved in this great afternoon of comradery I'd like to thank y'all very much. The food was excellent and so was the swap meet. I scored some excellent vinyl today. Cheers and thanks again for all of your hard work.

Darren

Darren I think that some people thought that we were having a garage sale. there were so many cars that were checking out what was going on. It was actually kinda funny.

I love the pics Dave. And Andyman's streetside garage sale attracted a lot of attention.

I love the pics Dave. And Andyman's streetside garage sale attracted a lot of attention.

No sale at all; those were freebies.

I just hope the Pneuman's don't go cold this winter because they wound up somewhere else and he can't heat the house...:lmao:

Nance, Linda and I had a great time! Glad we were able to help.

Great food, reconnecting with old friends, making some new ones, all that gear...

It's official, my 4x4 Expedit is full. Linda says, "No more records, till you make space for the new ones."

(She's forgotten that I still have shelves for about 350, downstairs. I figure I'm good till about Christmas. :D)

Oh, and Nancy, don't you remind her about those!

It was a GREAT time, and my thanks back at you! I have already forgotten everyone's name :D

Is it possible for me to take a pic where I don't look goofy :confused:

Looking forward to the next one!

Pete

Awesome as usual, great seeing everyone again..

And many thanks to the hosts..:thmbsp:

Oh it was our pleasure. I think everyone was in a little bit of AKfest withdrawal....and this was just what we needed !

It was a GREAT time, and my thanks back at you! I have already forgotten everyone's name :D

Is it possible for me to take a pic where I don't look goofy :confused:

Looking forward to the next one!

Pete

Happens to the best of them, Pete. It was great meeting you and thanks for bringing the canopy. Without it we would have been rained on for sure.:D
DSCN0006.JPG

Kegger asks, "Who took my other beer?"

I don't know, Kegger looks like he has 2:30 eyes in that pic :drunk:

Seriously though, it was great to get out to a SMAC meet as usual, been a while for me. Awesome day, great meet with some very gracious hosts, how could it get any better.
Thank you Mr and Ms Grumpy

Last edited:
You folks RULE!!!! :D :music:

I am SO coming to your next get-together!! :yes: I especially loved the beer bottle elevating that Klipsch speaker! heee heee heee heeee :music:

Yu know I still can't find that other beer, must be around here somewhere..:dunno:
Nope, not under the Klipsh...you can't see it in the photo cause it was in Andy's back pocket :D. Gotta look out for those Canadian beer conasure's :yes: :banana:

I took back the returnables from the party today and all those people must have thought I liked beer...a lot ! I did get some funny looks with all those beer bottles, but who cares. Heck I think my hands still smell like beer.

Back
Top Bottom