What are you drinking now?

Just finished a Dogfish Head beer, not sure what kind, it was on tap. We were playing a bocce tournament outside the brewery and it was a good way to end the day.

barrier & interboro brewing collab, "money mad fat" double IPA, 1 week old
it's excellent

sym435j.jpg

Made a small batch of Kava the traditional way as a first try. Used the back of an old t-shirt and rubber band to make the pouch that got squeezed and dunked for 10 minutes. Then we added a frozen banana in the vitamix to take the taste and smell of ass away. Turned out to be pretty enjoyable and mellow evening.

Made a small batch of Kava the traditional way as a first try. Used the back of an old t-shirt and rubber band to make the pouch that got squeezed and dunked for 10 minutes. Then we added a frozen banana in the vitamix to take the taste and smell of ass away. Turned out to be pretty enjoyable and mellow evening.

I had to look up Kava after reading this post...interesting. Looks like a nice way to relax at the end of the day.

How fitting is this beer for this site? Very tasty and refreshing. I found an un-drank Alchemist Crusher in the beer fridge so thinking that will be next while watching the Hockey game.
17203126_10154953932162752_2111827606269939091_n.jpg

Recently I had one of the odder alcoholic beverages I have had in years, "Sparkling Shiraz". We had gotten a bottle as a gift and finally got around to opening it. Now I like Aussie Shiraz and the label, Paringa, is one I am familiar with and have enjoyed in the past. I expected a light, purple tinged, prosecco style drink but no, this was a full on, viscous shiraz that happened to have bubbles! It is not often that I would know what grape a sparkling wine would be made from but with this one there was no doubt. Aussie wines are rarely subtle, at least at my price points, and this was no exception.
A good, adult grape soda with a kick. The Aussie winemakers aren't bound by tradition as some other countries are and this is an example of that. Unique.

Mountain Ale, a 7.4%abv brown ale from Vermont by Shed Brewery

Full flavored with a nice after taste, not as bitter as some darker beers

Back
Top Bottom