What are you drinking now?

It being November and all....

glbc-edmund-fitzgerald-porter.jpg

Last night while listening to live jazz at the Caffe Vivaldi in Greenwich Village, a Schneider Weisse Hefe-Weizen with a glass of Knob Creek, neat. Great to hear some live music again, it had been too long.

Made it to another Friday - celebrating with a couple glasses of Lucille (Georgetown brewing - can’s already in the recycle bin)

EF2A0CF8-8F4B-401F-8845-B2D628172BFB.jpeg

Started my long weekend early. No work today. Felt like having a margarita to start things on the good foot. And not any rot gut José Cuervo tequila or $5 Triple Sec here.

This baby uses a 2:1:1 ratio of Epsolōn reposado tequila, Grand Marnier and fresh lime juice. This sucka is too smooth. Had to use a martini glass as I do not as yet have proper margarita glasses. But the combination of the reposado and Grand Marnier makes for a nice balance of flavor with the lime. And no simple syrup needed to combat any bitterness. Yes, the booze costs quite a bit more but if I'm going to have a proper margarita every so often, I want it done right. :)

IMG_20171122_102027-01 (Custom).jpeg

Started my long weekend early. No work today. Felt like having a margarita to start things on the good foot. And not any rot gut José Cuervo tequila or $5 Triple Sec here.

This baby uses a 2:1:1 ratio of Epsolōn reposado tequila, Grand Marnier and fresh lime juice. This sucka is too smooth. Had to use a martini glass as I do not as yet have proper margarita glasses. But the combination of the reposado and Grand Marnier makes for a nice balance of flavor with the lime. And no simple syrup needed to combat any bitterness. Yes, the booze costs quite a bit more but if I'm going to have a proper margarita every so often, I want it done right. :)

View attachment 1051070

If you're gonna do it, do it. You only live once. Great choice on the tequila and cheers! :beatnik:

If you're gonna do it, do it. You only live once. Great choice on the tequila and cheers! :beatnik:
Having said that, that bottle will probably last us a year or more here. And yep--life's too short to drink bad tequila!

But I'll tell ya...if the ladies all came over and started in with their piña coladas, that would finish off a jug of rum in one evening. :D

Back
Top Bottom