What are you drinking?

Gin & Tonic with a side of Fab Four.

20180204_153423.jpg

20180204_153152.jpg

77 and sunny this afternoon :beatnik:

In case some forgot what this kind of thing looks like . . .

20180204_160624.jpg

Last edited:
In case some forgot what this kind of thing looks like . . .
Yeah yeah yeah...don't remind me. :D We were in Arizona in October, and now my better half has a habit of checking the temperatures in Arizona each day. I still wonder why we stay here in The Dreary State. ;)

I kind of got a bit wiped out today on my "2112" margarita. It is aptly named because, if you have too much, it'll definitely give you a bit of a Rush. </rimshot>

But no...I revised my margarita recipe for a 2:1:1:2 ratio (there's your "2112") of lime juice, agave nectar, Grand Marnier, and Espolon Reposado tequila. Shake well, serve in a sugar-rimmed glass optional. I may try a frozen version of this one next. As it stands, I upped the lime juice (fresh squeezed) and added the agave nectar. This takes away a bit of the raw bite of the alcohol and makes it much smoother, in a "sneaks up on you" kind of way...

Yeah yeah yeah...don't remind me. :D We were in Arizona in October, and now my better half has a habit of checking the temperatures in Arizona each day. I still wonder why we stay here in The Dreary State. ;)

I kind of got a bit wiped out today on my "2112" margarita. It is aptly named because, if you have too much, it'll definitely give you a bit of a Rush. </rimshot>

But no...I revised my margarita recipe for a 2:1:1:2 ratio (there's your "2112") of lime juice, agave nectar, Grand Marnier, and Espolon Reposado tequila. Shake well, serve in a sugar-rimmed glass optional. I may try a frozen version of this one next. As it stands, I upped the lime juice (fresh squeezed) and added the agave nectar. This takes away a bit of the raw bite of the alcohol and makes it much smoother, in a "sneaks up on you" kind of way...

For anyone interested, here's my Margarita recipe.

Juice of 2 limes. Quarter of an orange. 1 oz of agave nectar. 2 oz of Hornitos Plata. Muddle, strain, shake with ice, and serve in a salt rimmed glass.

Quite refreshing. The muddled orange gives flavor without any strange tastes that I associate with orange liqueurs. Gives a clean taste.

Orange liqueurs are made from the rind/peel/zest, whatever you want to call it.
A much different profile than the juice itself.
I love the flavor, but, as I learned recently, it can easily overpower a drink or recipe if not used sparingly.

Took the wife out to dinner last night, as a pre-emptive Valentine's Day dinner. VD is one of the worst nights to dine out as restaurants get crushed, limited menus and pre-cooked food, basically a bad deal. So we always go someplace nice the week before, no problem getting a reservation and no stress.

So we went to a pretty famous mainstay of the NYC dining scene last night, this place grosses $20 million plus per year for ages. I bellied up to the bar and asked for an Old Bushmill's on the rocks, water back. threw down a twenty and got my change, $2.50. Holy crap! a bottle goes for $30 or so, talk about a nice mark up. We were not talking about a huge rocks glass either. Dining out has become a special occasion only event due to cost in NYC.

I bellied up to the bar and asked for an Old Bushmill's on the rocks, water back. threw down a twenty and got my change, $2.50. Holy crap! a bottle goes for $30 or so, talk about a nice mark up.
Jeez, yeah...I bet they even charge for water. :D

It's getting to where, if we each wanted a nice cocktail while dining out, that's another $20-$25 on the dining bill. It's getting to not be worth it. I admit my tequila, Grand Marnier and fresh limes cost a bit, but I can make that go a hell of a lot further at home. :)

Aquafina Water./ Then another round of shoveling snow here in Chicago/Land, OMG!

Best-

Boozehound

Revelry Brewing "God's Favorite" Belgian Golden Strong Ale (9% ABV)
IMG_20180425_210048.jpg
"Like a snake in the grass, God's Favorite is deceiving from its light body and color to its floral aroma and honey flavor. This beer is highly digestible and should be respected for its ability to hide alcohol strength in plain sight."

Last edited:
Having an Allagash Saison. I've never been a fan of this "kind" of beer although my boy at the beer store was telling me its great. So decided to buy a 4 pack at $10. I was upbeat about trying it as Allagash makes some fantastic beers, but this one isn't for me and although highly rated, is just another weak-ass Saison farmhouse beer. I'll finish the 4 pack but won't buy again.

108002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom