What are you listening to on your reel to reel right now?

Clearlight, Ampex tape EKX 4011, 3 3/4 ips. On the 5050.

I never knew my low speed could sound like that.

Lu.

' Digging up some old favorites, today.

C,S N & Y, Deja' Vu.

Ampex, Atlantic, pre record. X 7200. 3 34 ips.

The tape Ampex used to make tapes like this is a mystery to me but they sound good with the level switch set for 185 nW/m, the low setting.

Lu.

I love the King Biscuit Flower hour! I used to look forward to the show on my local radio station. I have a live Squeeze tape from a radio station recorded in the late 70's that is awesome. Good stuff!

Skylab;

I had to give that one a like.

I think it was 1971 when a bunch of us went to the Milwaukee Arena for a Mother's concert. The back up band was Yes, just after the release of The Yes Album. I forget what the first band was.

Not a big showing of audience so we had seats about 20 rows back of center stage. Steve Howe was up there but not Rick Wakeman, yet. Only 2500 or so there that night.

Another concert, maybe a year later, and Wakeman was in the group. And that one right after the Fragile album. Of course, the Arena was jammed packed by then.

Great shows.

Lu.

Skylab;

I had to give that one a like.

I think it was 1971 when a bunch of us went to the Milwaukee Arena for a Mother's concert. The back up band was Yes, just after the release of The Yes Album. I forget what the first band was.

Not a big showing of audience so we had seats about 20 rows back of center stage. Steve Howe was up there but not Rick Wakeman, yet. Only 2500 or so there that night.

Another concert, maybe a year later, and Wakeman was in the group. And that one right after the Fragile album. Of course, the Arena was jammed packed by then.

Great shows.

Lu.
When I saw Yes at Madison Square Garden back in the day ('77 or '78 I think?), I was so high I remember very little of it. And I don't smoke...all second hand! What I do recall was a very spacey show, like nothing I've ever heard before or since. Quite an experience for a 16-17 year old!

Listening now to a 10.5" tape labelled "Lynsey de Paul" that someone recorded on Maxell UD XLI. Nothing special musically, by Lynsey was an interesting woman that I haven't heard much about previously (bought the tape for the media). Turns out she was the obsession of one of my favorite car enthusiasts, actor James Coburn. Rumor has it he died while listening to her (while with his wife, oddly enough). Hmmm.. No doubt about it, this type of discovery is what I love about mystery tapes!

a friends' wedding mix tape from the early '80's - deck unknown, 3-3/4ips, currently playing Comin' Back To Me by Airplane. They're still together, having raised 2 great kids...

Back
Top Bottom