What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Considering downsizing speakers. Might post the JBL C-101 marble top Dorians on the Bay for $10,000.
Why not? Everyone else seems to be gouging may as well get in on the act.
$20,000 on the Japanese market. We all know how the Japanese are gaga oer old JBL's/
"Everyone's got to make a living. Some people try to do it all at once"
- Grandpa

Kenji out in Japan may be a player, you may want to reach out to him. He's actually a nice guy. I have spoken to him a few times now. ;) I'm sure he would be able to point you in the right direction. :)

Good Luck on the C-101's!

Very disappointed that GW holds silent auctions in the store and also sells stuff on Ebay. No wonder I never find anything of interest or value. The best thing I do now is go through equipment that is ending soonest on Ebay. Sometimes, there are no bids, and you can scoop things on the cheap. That is how I got my Sony 5 Disc DVD/SACD player for only $6. No one ever bid on it.

I picked up that Nation Panasonic SU-3100 Integrated amp for $34 bucks on eBay in Mint cond. About a week after buying it, the seller sent me $20 bucks back saying he over charged me for shipping... The unit was listed as not working, for parts. I got it in, and the jumpers were in the tape RCA inputs. Pulled them out and threw them in the pre in/out jacks and it was one of the best sounding amps I've ever had. I got the amp shipped to my door for a total of $14 bucks. I ended up having it plugged into a power strip (no protection) that I was testing gear out on and ended up shorting something out. I need to track down the service manual. Had it up and running for a good year or so. Its the only amp I'm considering recapping on my kitchen table. I wont be rid of it. The thing is not a power house, but the sound quality of the amp is fantastic, the phono stage on it was amazing actually. I've been on the hunt for another for a good while. I just need to take the time and do some testing to figure out what is going on. I have a feeling its a resistor, but I've yet to get into it to be sure.

View attachment 1211871
One of the most romantic post World War 2 vehicles.
It got France moving and was a joy to ride down hot dusty French streets....:):beatnik:

well it may not be French, but it is quite cool.

Honda is bringing back the Monkey and the Super Cub next year. (2019) I like the idea of the Monkey for a work living inner city. $4k starting.... 125cc... would be a fun little whip to get to and from work in my 2-3 mile drive. :)

Remember the Trail 70/90's?

The Honda Trail 70's was always a blast!

Honda is bringing back the Monkey and the Super Cub next year. (2019) I like the idea of the Monkey for a work living inner city. $4k starting.... 125cc... would be a fun little whip to get to and from work in my 2-3 mile drive. :)

Great reliable and simple little bikes they were.
The key will be making the new ones as reliable and simple.

Great reliable and simple little bikes they were.
The key will be making the new ones as reliable and simple.

you should read up on them, they were designed to be simple and last. Honda is known for good quality vehicles, Id assume the same of the new bikes. Not only that, they will have some sort of warrantee I'm sure.

For the price of a dirt bike one can be on the road... ;)

I remember driving my cousin’s Honda....the brakes went out and I plowed right into the clothesline pole!

you should read up on them, they were designed to be simple and last. Honda is known for good quality vehicles, Id assume the same of the new bikes. Not only that, they will have some sort of warrantee I'm sure.

For the price of a dirt bike one can be on the road... ;)
Every other house on the street had a trail 90 or 70 when I was a kid.
Older guys had the Dodge Power Wagon truck with a cabover camper and motorcycle mounts in front of the grill.
The Trails were light enough you could easily rack mount it in front of the truck and drive around vacation.
They were ubiquitous in campgrounds and had just the right power and gearing for grocery getting and modest trail riding.
Just last night was in a conversation with a bike guy who just sold his Ducatti.
He had all sorts of street and dirt bikes but admitted his most useful and fun bike was always a Yamaha 250 enduro (now called allsports) he rode everywhere.
Can;t think how many debates I've had over the years with bike guys saying "gotta go pure dirt model. beefier suspension, geared for dirt"
And I'm saying "So take a few pounds hit for a headlight, tail light and turn signals and you can ride it pretty much anywhere you want except maybe the freeway where semi's are blowing by at 75 mph"
Small bikes are fun. I had one of these for my last 3 years in University and it went everywhere, cheaply.
Can;t remember why or when I even sold it but wouldn;t mind having it back again.
1977 Kawasaki KE 175
Kawasaki KE 175 77.jpg

Back
Top Bottom