What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I remember driving my cousin’s Honda....the brakes went out and I plowed right into the clothesline pole!

Ouch!!!

We use to take up the trail 70 when we would go out camping. The thing was not to fast, but it would climb a damn tree. I had a blast on that bike. It was road legal too. They go for good money restored. I remember riding out at a friends place (he owned many acres of walnut trees) we would go shoot and ride dirt bikes out at his place. We lived in town, so we would ride out at a few friends farms. Damn I miss my home town. LOL

View attachment 1211878
Great European cars....Saab

I grew up with those, my parents had several.
This is one of them with my dad long time ago :)

19349600_10154604085327551_839930051_o_zpsdgg3cs61.jpg

The Monkey looks cool. I've been thinking about moving up to a "proper" motorbike from a 150 Chinese scoot. I was looking at the Sym Wolf last year, but my bike guy says he can't sell 125's in my area; nobody wants less than a 150. It would make even less sense for me now, as I have a longer commute and just need a bit more hardware under me, I think...

GJ
If you're a grown man, @200lb, then a 250 would be a decent size. Around town, smaller would work but if you plan to be out on county highways and keeping up with trafic, the 250 puts the power and weight under you that's needed.
Even larger 350-500cc is good if you plan long trips or overnighters.
Where I am, the Euros love renting the BMW 600 allsports with street knobbys and hard box panniers for touring all over the west and desert.
A 600cc BMW twin would get you from point Barrow Alaska down to Tiera del Fuego on an awesome road trip.

well it may not be French, but it is quite cool.

Honda is bringing back the Monkey and the Super Cub next year. (2019) I like the idea of the Monkey for a work living inner city. $4k starting.... 125cc... would be a fun little whip to get to and from work in my 2-3 mile drive. :)

Remember the Trail 70/90's?

The Honda Trail 70's was always a blast!

I'm a Yamaha guy... I'm restoring a pair of 50ish year olds. A 175 and a 350... both 2 stroke.

1971CT1C-ad.jpg

Yamaha_Grand_Prix_350_-_YR1.jpg

The 175 is a similar model to my first bike in 78 and should be started for the first time in over 30 years before 2018 is over. The 350cc street bike is my next project

I ride one of these ^^^^ all over in the warm months. I mean, all over, now an hour each way to work on long country roads. It's got some speed, so I'm not holding up traffic for miles either. But I would like a little more iron, a comfortable seat, a bigger bike to give my wife rides on, and a little more room for extras. The problem is budget. We spent a lot on the new mods to our house (more than we made from selling the old one), and I'm not thinking an out-of-town vacation is in the cards this year. Plus we just bought my wife a new car. So if I sold the two smaller bikes I have, maaaybe I could save up the balance for something bigger, but $7, $8, $10 grand for a bike would be out of the question. $4,000 would be a big stretch, so I might have to wait a few more years...

GJ
Considered the used market? Lots of outfits out there that specialize in finding you older and much less expensive models.
Motorcycles aren;t too hard to tune and make mechanically sound for many years to come, provided they aren't wrecked.
"Medical tourism" is a big thing now, travelling to another country for medical procedures that are illegal in the US, which includes a recovery stay in a hotel and beach.
Maybe we need "motorcycle tourism" where you get a week in Thailand and a great deal on a 90's model Honda to be crated and shipped back to the States.
The US is seriously lagging on these practical, fuel efficient and reliable bikes the rest of the world seems to have no problem getting.
Even the poor locals in Afghanistan all have some kind of cool allsport bike to get around.

I'm a Yamaha guy... I'm restoring a pair of 50ish year olds. A 175 and a 350... both 2 stroke.

1971CT1C-ad.jpg

Yamaha_Grand_Prix_350_-_YR1.jpg

The 175 is a similar model to my first bike in 78 and should be started for the first time in over 30 years before 2018 is over. The 350cc street bike is my next project
Remember that in the late 70’s, As a teen raced some amateur MX with a Husky. Great times in the desert

Back
Top Bottom