What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Also forgot to say I found the Telarc "Tchaikovsky 1812" album where they recorded actual cannon shots! Many said that it will blow your cartridge right out of the groove. Will see if it does it to my Empire 2000Z cartridge. Album in my wash pile so I won't get to it for a while. I'll let everyone know if the Empire will track it! Can't believe the prices for it, bought mine at GW for .99!

R-2205254-1269827262.jpeg.jpg
I have this same copy on vinyl. The thread reveals some intertwining threads of similar albums in the collections

Man that's awesom, I've always wanted to listen to a set. They had a set at a Magnolia (Best Buy) show room but they were not playing. I've seen them just never got to give them a listen. I've heard the Quad ES a vintage set, but I would bet thy have nothing on the MLs :)

Im still young, I'll be there one day. :) lol

So I'm led to believe. The Quads are full range electrostats, and supposedly have a severe problem with low frequencies. The MLs have an 8" woofer and cross over at (I think) 435 Hz. So you get the best of both worlds. I have nothing but good to say about mine, except that you need to feed them SERIOUS power. My 90 wpc Yamaha did not do well with them at all. The sound seemed pooled on the floor about 3' in front of the speakers.

:) Big speakers are so much fun. Pain the ass to sale, but fun as all get out to blast lol I always try to have at least one set of large towers. When i ask my gal what speakers she likes best, she will usually respond "the smallest ones"
Lol haha!
But baby, big speakers are why they invented rock and roll music and Miley Cyrus is why they invented earbuds!

I don't know dude. There's been some touchy people that have hung around here. Not sure that naked women is gonna fly, especially murdered and naked.
An you KNOW how many people have targeted me for some reason or another...of course they only got themselves banned. :rflmao:
The video that I posted was a public message and a reminder of how destructive alcohol and drug addiction is. That is also why LS wrote it.

Playing it safe tonight with Boston's "Don't Look Back" via cassette Side II. (I had spun the first side last week of the first album). Going with the Pioneer CT-F500 hooked into the Pioneer SA-6500 II Integrated Amp which is pushing a set of Polk Monitor 40 Bookshelves. Why the hell did Brad Delp decide to "smoke" himself to death? Geez, He wheeled two barbeque grills into his master bedroom and fired them up to get the ole room smokin' good for smoke inhalation deathBoston Tape.JPG CT-F500.JPG SA-6500 II.JPG . Gives the first album's song "Smokin'" a whole new meaning. Way to go Brad, you win the "idiot me, I had to commit suicide" award.

View attachment 1217620

Why is wood veneer so damn attractive? I love real wood veneer speakers. :)
Humans seem to have a natural affinity for nice wood. Wood exudes timeless class and quality that lasts for generations.
They also have an affinity for fire too. We go through 12 propane tanks a night at my hotel with all the fire pits going.
Tourists can;t get enough of sitting around and gazing at a fire.
Mgmt is still weighing my idea for a giant dragon on the roof breathing occasional flames. Would do wonders to attract guests.
City might have issues with the permit though.

Playing it safe tonight with Boston's "Don't Look Back" via cassette Side II. (I had spun the first side last week of the first album). Going with the Pioneer CT-F500 hooked into the Pioneer SA-6500 II Integrated Amp which is pushing a set of Polk Monitor 40 Bookshelves. Why the hell did Brad Delp decide to "smoke" himself to death? Geez, He wheeled two barbeque grills into his master bedroom and fired them up to get the ole room smokin' good for smoke inhalation deathView attachment 1217725 View attachment 1217726 View attachment 1217727 . Gives the first album's song "Smokin'" a whole new meaning. Way to go Brad, you win the "idiot me, I had to commit suicide" award.
That title track is wicked

What were they thinking? Probably "let's do something on this album to get even more groupies backstage on this tour"
I'm not sure thinking was involved. Hall and Oates went on to sell 40 million records. They did alot of something very right. According to Wikipedia and Rolling Stone they are the best selling music duo of all time
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hall_&_Oates
I for one am a fan!

Last edited:
That's why I like small speakers with a sub woofer. :D

I like the idea of a sub but I get bad headaches with them, same with Horns. I just can't do it. I have to run 2 speakers, off a 2 way rig. Nothing more/less. Got into a big argument over in general once on the matter... aparantly some asshole knows what sounds good to me better than I do... that one really pissed me off.. haha I realized the asshole had no real audio experience, hope that prick sees my posts every time I call him an asshole! Lol he told me I was the 1st and only person he ever blocked! I responded Good, double block me! I'm all for everyone liking different gear, but this asshole had the nerve to tell me I did not know what "good" sound was? all because I wasnt running 4, 18" subs?

He could not comprehend that I get listeners fatigue. Fast pase video games do the same. I can't help it, I want to like Horns and subs, but I'd rather not have splitting headaches.

I'd call his ass out by name right now but I love this thread to much to even mention his dumb ass. I'd probably say something that would get the thread closed lol

:) that's just me tho lol hahaha

Humans seem to have a natural affinity for nice wood. Wood exudes timeless class and quality that lasts for generations.
They also have an affinity for fire too. We go through 12 propane tanks a night at my hotel with all the fire pits going.
Tourists can;t get enough of sitting around and gazing at a fire.
Mgmt is still weighing my idea for a giant dragon on the roof breathing occasional flames. Would do wonders to attract guests.
City might have issues with the permit though.

Wood is beautiful. As you work it, you feel as though you are part of the living process. Metal, by contrast, is ugly, lifeless and cold. That's my experience, at least.

Back
Top Bottom