What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Giants up at AZ, 7-0, top 9, 2 on 2 outs.
Good odds of winning good?
Better than Hillary's on election night?
While listening to a fresh-wash'd yes fragile label.JPG Yes wash.JPG
The only pollen-free thing in this house, including the pillows .dust free dual.JPG
And dust in the copper cart bowl after a changeout. bowl of cartridges.JPG
While still being a trout to a lure for pretty moving lights technics sh eq.JPG
Reading headlines of Tiger and the "Scooter Wars of 2018"
While knowing we have hundreds of them zipping around this town. scooter wars headline.JPG
And all day giggling over my friends speaker-destroying BPC stereo. billys BPC.JPG
And cleaning up next to hear>>sports car record.JPG

Dig the map. I could do Chattanooga Mucho history surrounds the area.
One of my short list favorite alt-country bands, The Tennessee Rounders hailed from Chattanooga.

(Curious? Click the pic, it's a link to a youtube video)
We crossed paths with the Rounders many, many times. Really love Channing especially. He's a true to his word type of guy. I ran sound for their bass player Mike Hagaman's first band 10 cent Whiskey for a few years and would have to tape his forearm up cause he wailed on the upright so hard he'd injure himself. They played one of my best friend's wedding rehearsal dinner. We shared a few bills with those fellers. There was a place called the Lizard Lounge that catered to the Americana scene there in the 90's. Great shows from some of my favorites like The Star Room Boys and Two Dollar Pistols, Tift Merrits first band the Carbines The Drive-By Truckers .and Neko Case on their way up. One of my crowning moments was opening for Alejandro Escovedo. Chills still. That was a hell of a time.

Last edited:
ixaLvVe_d.jpg

Sticky Fingers

I've got a similar Zoom unit in one of the studio racks (top unit):

View attachment 1224431

I guess what I mean is, what is the signal path and how is it set-up? Are you summing in mono, or running in stereo? Is there one stereo source signal being affected by the Zoom unit? I'm planning on splitting and running a separate amp to a set of stereo speakers so I can control volume and amount of 'verb without affecting my main ("dry"/original) outputs. I also need to set-up some kind of attenuation for my Mission "tops;" when I use them with the Novas in A+B mode, the Missions are too hot and overpower the Novas, and bass and mid-range perception suffer. I want everything controlled as separate sends/"zones."

GJ
I change things a lot, but recently did some simplifying. I use an old Sony switcher.

rps20180630_224802.jpg

For discrete rear (from quad reels or whatever), the rear channels go thru the switcher to the rear inputs of a Sansui QS-1, which I am using as a basic quad preamp.

rps20180630_224721.jpg

I just have Y-connectors at the moment to split the main stereo signal. One split goes to the front inputs on the Sansui (100% dry) and the other to the inputs on the Zoom. The outputs from the Zoom go to the little switcher, then to the rear in on the Sansui. Did I explain that clearly?

The complete front/rear and left/right balance controls on the Sansui make it easy to set levels or check just one channel, or channel pair, to verify correct settings. I only use the discrete quad inputs on the Sansui, and switch sources upstream with external switchers. The stereo and surround inputs on the Sansui do weird things. The plain old stereo input, for instance, greatly reduces separation, and I don't care much for the surround options. Probably saying too much here, I should just draw and post a diagram.

Forgot how many great songs he has.
Back in 86, drove a 1.6L Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt, with a friend and a Concord tapedeck,
Through a freak snowstorm, 150 miles from the foothills, up I-5 (in freak snow with semi-s wizzing by, no chains of course)
To Redding to see Eddie "Mahoney" Money, then sleep in the car afterwards for a few hours
and drive back when the sun started melting things..
Eddie Money. I've been a fan since he started.

I change things a lot, but recently did some simplifying. I use an old Sony switcher.

View attachment 1224449

For discrete rear (from quad reels or whatever), the rear channels go thru the switcher to the rear inputs of a Sansui QS-1, which I am using as a basic quad preamp.

View attachment 1224450

I just have Y-connectors at the moment to split the main stereo signal. One split goes to the front inputs on the Sansui (100% dry) and the other to the inputs on the Zoom. The outputs from the Zoom go to the little switcher, then to the rear in on the Sansui. Did I explain that clearly?

The complete front/rear and left/right balance controls on the Sansui make it easy to set levels or check just one channel, or channel pair, to verify correct settings. I only use the discrete quad inputs on the Sansui, and switch sources upstream with external switchers. The stereo and surround inputs on the Sansui do weird things. The plain old stereo input, for instance, greatly reduces separation, and I don't care much for the surround options. Probably saying too much here, I should just draw and post a diagram.
Yea so you get it too how another channel affects the main 2?
I've heard that too just switching between A and AB on the HK preamp when I want surround through the Denon AVR.
It's like a signal to the source that lets it know there's more channels being driven somewhere.
Always wondered the chips they use for DSP routing, and I haven;t even ever gone to 5ch discrete input yet. :dunno:
I think there's something to how these things happen between components..

Back in 86, drove a 1.6L Dodge (Mitsubishi) Colt, with a friend and a Concord tapedeck,
Through a freak snowstorm, 150 miles from the foothills, up I-5 (in freak snow with semi-s wizzing by, no chains of course)
To Redding to see Eddie "Mahoney" Money, then sleep in the car afterwards for a few hours
and drive back when the sun started melting things..
Eddie Money. I've been a fan since he started.
The things we did back in the day. Makes me tired just thinking about it! :)

We crossed paths with the Rounders many, many times. Really love Channing especially. He's a true to his word type of guy. I ran sound for their bass player Mike Hagaman's first band 10 cent Whiskey for a few years and would have to tape his forearm up cause he wailed on the upright so hard he'd injure himself. They played one of my best friend's wedding rehearsal dinner. We shared a few bills with those fellers. There was a place called the Lizard Lounge that catered to the Americana scene there in the 90's. Great shows from some of my favorites like The Star Room Boys and Two Dollar Pistols, Tift Merrits first band the Carbines The Drive-By Truckers .and Neko Case on their way up. One of my crowning moments was opening for Alejandro Escovedo. Chills still. That was a hell of a time.
The Drive-By Truckers .and Neko Case on their way up. One of my crowning moments was opening for Alejandro Escavedo. Chills still.
AWESOME story!!!
Neko Case. I always thought of her as a proto-punk Edith Piaff that heard the Clash on the way.
Have not heard her name in 10 years.
What a story!! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Quarterflash will never not get a like from me.

:thumbsup:
Yea (looks around the room for affirmation like an old Western movie, rubs neck, kicks at the air)
You're probably right.
Its Quarterflash... We all have standards. Not like Anne Wilson or Grace where they..
Even, in retrospect, maybe the strart of the over-produced "loudness wars"..
Strong signal = people tuning in FM stations.
Yea I can only give a medium thimb to Quarterflash too.. THumbs-middle.jpg

Back
Top Bottom