What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Morning/Afternoon/Insert-Your-Own-Time-Here to All.

Lazy morning, as I'm off from work. Of course, I booked the afternoon solid until evening with stuff that's hard to do during a normal work week (which usually happens on days off)...

View attachment 1285172
Mulling over the prospect of building a yurt in the spring:idea::smoke::idea:

Alright then sir.

Don't forget the Yak.

Yayesss!

Now Playing: Greyhound, "Leave the Reggae to Us"

image.jpg

GJ

Afternoon gang. Been out of town since Monday on company trip with hardly any WiFi at hotel. Listened to some one-off stuff handed out by iTunes during the flight on Monday:

The Avett Brothers - Live and Die

Band of Skulls - Sweet Sour (a good bass track)

Passenger - Let Her Go (I really like this one. A unique voice)

St. Paul & The Broken Bones - Call Me (not a Blondie remake)

Then various songs by Walter Trout, Tommy Castro, Deep Purple.

Headed to airport for flight home this evening. Got to check iPad mini to line up song list for flight. :cool:

Very cool structures Frank,looks a good place to be....:)
It's a beautiful park. The home of Clara Barton, our American version of Florence Nightingale is a stones throw from the yurts. It was all once her property.
The area today is rather Bohemian with lots of latter day hippies who went professional and made lots of money as doctors, lawyers and professors.
lossy-page1-1280px-Clara_Barton%27s_Home%2C_Glen_Echo%2C_Maryland_LCCN2011631520.tif.jpg

Glen Echo was an art deco era amusement park just outside of D.C. A lot of the structures still stand today.
73440805.jpg

Glen-Echo-033.jpg

Pop-Corn.jpg

Glen-Echo-010.jpg

Glen-Echo-012.jpg

91781206.jpg

Last edited:
It's a beautiful park. The home of Clara Barton, our American version of Florence Nightingale is a stones throw from the yurts. It was all once her property.
The area today is rather Bohemian with lots of latter day hippies who went professional and made lots of money as doctors, lawyers and professors.
lossy-page1-1280px-Clara_Barton%27s_Home%2C_Glen_Echo%2C_Maryland_LCCN2011631520.tif.jpg

Glen Echo was an art deco era amusement park just outside of D.C. A lot of the structures still stand today.
73440805.jpg

Glen-Echo-033.jpg

Pop-Corn.jpg

Glen-Echo-010.jpg

Glen-Echo-012.jpg

91781206.jpg
Fascinating stuff Frank and now noted for future US travel plans...:cool::beatnik::cool:

Yard work complete! Mailman delivered this gem. Milt Jackson-Three Complete Albums which are: Things Are Getting Better(1958) with Cannonball Adderley,
Bean Bags(1958) with Coleman Hawkins and Bags Opus(1959)...............Disk one now spinning:)
IMG_0001.JPG :music::music::music:
Edit: On Bags Opus are Benny Golson,Art Farmer,Tommy Flanagan,Paul Chambers and Connie Kay
On Things Are Getting Better are Cannonbal Adderley,Wynton Kelly,Percy Heath,Art Blakey
On Bean Bags are Coleman Hawkins,Tommy Flanagan,Kenny Burrell,Eddie Jones,Connie Kay
and of course Milt Jackson on Vibes on all of it!

Last edited:
I everybody
I had my interview this morning and I think it went well. I have only one issue and that is they have rooftop units. I do like like heights. :( This may be a deal breaker along with the decrease in salary. I was honest on every question including did I ever lose my temper with my boss. I answered yes.

More to come.

Back
Top Bottom