What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

The strange world of digital playback. I just played a couple of tracks from the ZZ TOP greatest hits cd released in 1992. I have a couple of MAC universal players of the same model. When I inserted this disc in one of the units, it took almost a minute for the machine to read it. Then when I played it, the cd sounded terrible. I removed it from that MAC and then inserted it into the other twin MAC and came out with the same results. It took forever to read and it sounded bad. Because I'm a little crazy I also have an older MAC cd player which only plays DVD's and cd's. I inserted the ZZ TOP disc into that one and lo and behold, it read it quickly and the sound is excellent.
I've had other interesting moments with cd's, but this one was particularly weird.

The strange world of digital playback. I just played a couple of tracks from the ZZ TOP greatest hits cd released in 1992. I have a couple of MAC universal players of the same model. When I inserted this disc in one of the units, it took almost a minute for the machine to read it. Then when I played it, the cd sounded terrible. I removed it from that MAC and then inserted it into the other twin MAC and came out with the same results. It took forever to read and it sounded bad. Because I'm a little crazy I also have an older MAC cd player which only plays DVD's and cd's. I inserted the ZZ TOP disc into that one and lo and behold, it read it quickly and the sound is excellent.
I've had other interesting moments with cd's, but this one was particularly weird.
Sometimes older is better, Probably a different DAC, Transport, Output stage, Etc, I have CDP’s that act totally different

Back
Top Bottom