Label:
ATCO Records ‎– SD 38-105
Format:
Vinyl, LP, Compilation, Reissue, SP
US
Released:

Genre:
Rock

Since I was dusting everything, decided to pull the McCormack setup and throw in the Yamaha C4 and M80 for awhile. Allows me to pull out the Focal Aria 905's and give them a little exercise also and still keep the Cenya's hooked up. When I was working in water treatment and waste water facilities, they always had 2 of everything like pumps, that would alternate running to increase the longevity of the units. Made sense so I think every few months I'll swap stuff in and out. Plus gives me something to do.

Ok this is cool, they took their new song Lover Leaver 3.30 minutes long on the album

And have it live at 26.30 minutes, now that's old school acid rock and shows what they can do live.

At last, the antidote and Kryptonite for Coldplay, Mariah Carey, and The horrible milenial oriented FM Radio plague.
Maybe now FM radio will have to comply with at least a little bit of aggressive guitar , and singers and bands with chops..

I can see the average 20 something snowflake that thinks Coldplay rocks, clearly having no idea what this is.

syn1.gif

I was listening to Mott The Hoople , Brain Capers when I took note of this song "Darkness Darkness" I remember Robert Plant doing a rendition of it and I really liked it. I decided to google who wrote and performed the song originally... a band called "The YoungBloods" . So I purchased their second album which is self titled and their 3rd album which is called "Elephant Mountain", the album that contains the song. I know absolutely nothing about this band.

Wow! Always amazed me when I discover a new to me band that everyone else seems to have known for years. I grew up listening to The Youngbloods. Jesse Colin Young was the leader.

Morning folks been " Lurkin" from afar! LOL , I've been home from work all week I came down with Phuemonia last Saturday. I'm Generally a big strong healthy guy, but something whent haywire! Got a ton of antibiotics and meds. If I find the will to play some tunes .....you'll be the first to know! Hopefully later.
Get better soon. The tunes can wait. Heal your body first.

Morning all... again having sleep issues... Hopefully will find time for some spinning today...

@7whales7 - hope you get well soon! Wifey had this late last year. Had to play "anti-biotic roulette" until the right stuff killed it off. Not fun.

The funny thing is I use the Dishwasher with a few drops of fluid. But I have a brand new spin clean still in the box never have used it.
@guitarlvr - use the spin clean! It's better than the Discwasher (but do your cleaning in batches to keep from wasting the fluid.) After a spin clean all you need is the AQ brush for dusting (unless you get fingerprints or other mess on it.)

I also have a Zerostat gun after having my entire Discwasher kit "disappear" after a move. The new guns work, but I think not as well as the Milty ones (certainly cheaper.)

Make sure you get the new "gold" AQ brush it conducts charges better and also touch a ground during use which helps remove the static charge.

Time to walk Champ since he's through napping!

I was listening to Mott The Hoople , Brain Capers when I took note of this song "Darkness Darkness" I remember Robert Plant doing a rendition of it and I really liked it. I decided to google who wrote and performed the song originally... a band called "The YoungBloods" . So I purchased their second album which is self titled and their 3rd album which is called "Elephant Mountain", the album that contains the song. I know absolutely nothing about this band.

"Come on people now, smile on your brother, everybody get together, try and love one another right now." This is what I immediately think of when I think of The Youngbloods. One of the first songs I learned on guitar.

Ok, now she went and did it and made me mist up. Darned dust in my eye.
This song is the one I was playing with my Dad in this pic, playing jazzy barre chords in C with his sax over the top. He played in a vocal style and intentional timing, and his meter was excellent. He liked to add vocal style flourishes and trills in the style of Bing and Ms. Garland, and had a wonderful vibrato. God I miss that, and him. Ok, sorry to be a sap.

13707542_10154317460572086_3690892203685005408_n.jpg Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.03.23 AM.png

Back
Top Bottom