What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Now Playing: Yes
index.php

-Blitz :)

Ok, now she went and did it and made me mist up. Darned dust in my eye.
This song is the one I was playing with my Dad in this pic, playing jazzy barre chords in C with his sax over the top. He played in a vocal style and intentional timing, and his meter was excellent. He liked to add vocal style flourishes and trills in the style of Bing and Ms. Garland, and had a wonderful vibrato. God I miss that, and him. Ok, sorry to be a sap.

View attachment 1396618 View attachment 1396619
Thanks for sharing. Man that looks like a beast of a saxophone. (maybe a lot are this big I am not a musician it just looks huge)

Thanks for sharing. Man that looks like a beast of a saxophone. (maybe a lot are this big I am not a musician it just looks huge)
That is a baritone. A deeper sound. My Mom had just gotten for him a couple years before. He had to push a lot of air into that thing, but he could sure do it. He for years played his main alto, and that was the sound I first grew up with. But he sure sounded good on the bari also.

Black Widow (Чёрная Вдова)
Satan's Ball (Бал Сатаны)
(No label; Cassette "Demo", 1989)

* No label demo (cassette) tape ripped by a pal in Russia. This band's demo of material dating back to the mid 1980s. Reportedly from the city of Perm (Перм), waaaaay the **** east, @ the base of the Ural Mountains. This demo appeared and the band disappeared to ????

ok, lightening up. But still mellow. Banana pancakes are off the diet, as I am in a diet and lifestyle challenge group right now, but still.

Screen Shot 2019-01-24 at 8.41.16 AM.png

"Love is the answer, at least for most of the questions in my heart." A favorite quote from a favorite lyric. Time to get the thing going. See you after I get some work done.

Back
Top Bottom