What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I5Bqr2q.png

So I been eyeballing stylus upgrades. The stylus I am using was some no name that came with the system. It actually sounds okay, but with the Missions I am starting to realize it is the weak link in my modest system. I want to keep it cheap.

The contenders at this point seem to be Ortofon 2M Red, Nagaoka MP-110, Sumiko Pearl, Grado Prestige Black 2 (or maybe I could justify the Blue since it’s about the same price as the others). The table is a DD Yamaha and the arm has an adjustable mass but is listed as 11g (just over light mass specs). All the current candidates are at about the same price point with the exception of the Grado Prestige Black 2 which is a significantly less. I am thinking of going in that direction for the cost savings and from what I have read about the sound of that line of Grados. In particular on of the AKers posted at length about how quiet that cart is (among other good qualities). And eventually this will be on a second table mainly for older more questionable vinyl, so that sounds real appealing. Anyone have any comments, questions or advice they want to share before I pull the trigger? Also anyone know if the upgrade to the Grado Prestige Blue 2 is worth the extra $50?

Thanks in advance...

Back
Top Bottom