What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

lrbmnl3bjqf8.jpg

Rainmakers • Tornado

Your set up looks great. How did your Oppo/Marantz shoot out go. What did you find out?

Well, Soundwise very close, The OPPO won based on how it sounds with the outboard DAC. I tried every hook up I can. The Marantz was actually better with Analog straight into the preamp slightly. The OPPO also was slightly better with SACD, And it's a universal player. Killer video

Also, That model Marantz has a TOC reading issue on some discs. I found the service bulletin, Install a 1ohm resistor on the transport, Which I'm doing asap. A cap there gets overheated. Then it will be a really stellar player. I was very surprised the performance it put on. It's , What 15yo now.

Just finished clearing the driveway and roof raking. Now I can relax and play some tunes. I picked up this CD at a thrift store a few years ago and really enjoyed it. The Wyld Olde Souls-Ensoulment. A nice mixture of psychedelic, acid folk and medieval with Eastern influences. Male and female vocals and an assortment of contemporary and ancient instruments.

Back
Top Bottom