Thru my Grado 60s.

Last edited:
Janis - Pearl
Tull - Benefit

Through my "frankenspeakers" driven by an ATI 1502

12" AR woofers
Infinity Polydome mids
Dayton "Silkies" soft dome tweeters
EPI Magnus 1200 cabs, sealed, dynamat lined, poly-filled.
Simple 1st order crossover.

View attachment 942703 View attachment 942704
Hi Ross,

I love your pics. This kind of personal attention and customization really "lights my fuse" Nice!

-Chris

Now Playing Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble - Couldn't Stand the Weather MFSL SACD UDSACD 2075
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

-Blitz :)
Well, that was most awesome! On Voodoo Child, I cranked the gain until I was at 110dbA - both DBX Spectrum Analyzers continued to track perfectly. It was so loud and so clear, truly amazing - I'm big. 6'3" @280lbs, Hunter is @105 lbs. The bed in my Man Cave was practically jumping off the floor with the two of us on it :) Once the song was finished, it turned it back down to a normal listening level of 85dbA. With this next one, when YYZ comes on, I will be "forced" again to crank the gain to 110dbA once more :) Love this music!

Now Playing : Rush - Moving Pictures MFSL Gold CD UDCD 569
index.php

index.php

Pic and post in other thread from last night to clarify the spectrum analyzer tracking I'm mentioning:

Hey Friends,

I find this late night shot of my system to be very cool. As they say "a picture tells a thousand words". Look at both of the DBX Spectrum Analyzers, The bottom DBX in the rack is set to display line level input in dbV the new (used) DBX on top of the rack is set to measure SPL level and room acoustics. Even though the precision spectrum analyzer microphone is not placed in proper location, they are both closely tracking each other.

What does this mean, one might be asking?

This means that my HiFi system from the CD Transport, through the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock, into my Super DAC, then into my Yamaha A-S2100 Integrated Amplifier then output to my Polk LSiM 707 tower speakers and Sunfire True Sub-Woofer Signatures are faithfully reproducing the Original Recording of the CD (and without any EQ) most perfectly. This makes me very happy :)

Yes, I'm a geek and stuff like this really "lights my fuse" ;)
index.php

Well, that was most awesome! On Voodoo Child, I cranked the gain until I was at 110dbA - both DBX Spectrum Analyzers continued to track perfectly. It was so loud and so clear, truly amazing - I'm big. 6'3" @280lbs, Hunter is @105 lbs. The bed in my Man Cave was practically jumping off the floor with the two of us on it :) Once the song was finished, it turned it back down to a normal listening level of 85dbA. With this next one, when YYZ comes on, I will be "forced" again to crank the gain to 110dbA once more :) Love this music!

Now Playing : Rush - Moving Pictures MFSL Gold CD UDCD 569
index.php

index.php

Pic and post in other thread from last night to clarify the spectrum analyzer tracking I'm mentioning:

Hey Friends,

I find this late night shot of my system to be very cool. As they say "a picture tells a thousand words". Look at both of the DBX Spectrum Analyzers, The bottom DBX in the rack is set to display line level input in dbV the new (used) DBX on top of the rack is set to measure SPL level and room acoustics. Even though the precision spectrum analyzer microphone is not placed in proper location, they are both closely tracking each other.

What does this mean, one might be asking?

This means that my HiFi system from the CD Transport, through the Apogee Big Ben Master Clock, into my Super DAC, then into my Yamaha A-S2100 Integrated Amplifier then output to my Polk LSiM 707 tower speakers and Sunfire True Sub-Woofer Signatures are faithfully reproducing the Original Recording of the CD (and without any EQ) most perfectly. This makes me very happy :)

Yes, I'm a geek and stuff like this really "lights my fuse" ;)
index.php

Well, that was most enjoyable! Going to tone it down a bit now. This next as stands is an excellent remaster. However, this is one that benefits from my DBX, so it will be switched into the signal path with a 2 dbA boost @8Khz and a 4 dbA boost at 16Khz - this really makes it sound ultra-sweet! :)

Now Playing : Eric Clapton - SlowHand MFSL Gold CD UDCD 553
index.php

index.php

Well, that was most enjoyable! Going to tone it down a bit now. This next as stands is an excellent remaster. However, this is one that benefits from my DBX, so it will be switched into the signal path with a 2 dbA boost @8Khz and a 4 dbA boost at 16Khz - this really makes it sound ultra-sweet! :)

Now Playing : Eric Clapton - SlowHand MFSL Gold CD UDCD 553
index.php

index.php

What a most wonderful Album, even with the exception of the first track#1, Cocaine, which was "played to death", every hour, on the hour, on FM Radio when this album was released in 1977 and continuing all the way through my High School, beginning in 1978 (started 9th grade in 1978, 14 years old, graduated in 1982).

Now Playing : Shadowfax - Too Far To Whisper 1986 Windham Hill Label WD-1051
index.php

https://www.discogs.com/Shadowfax-Too-Far-To-Whisper/release/7581735

EDIT: This is a most wonderful album and a spectacular recording - Love Windham Hill! I have not played this album in at least 20 years....

Last edited:
What a most wonderful Album, even with the exception of the first track#1, Cocaine, which was "played to death", every hour, on the hour, on FM Radio when this album was released in 1977 and continuing all the way through my High School, beginning in 1978 (started 9th grade in 1978, 14 years old, graduated in 1982).

Now Playing : Shadowfax - Too Far To Whisper 1986 Windham Hill Label WD-1051
index.php

https://www.discogs.com/Shadowfax-Too-Far-To-Whisper/release/7581735

EDIT: This is a most wonderful album and a spectacular recording - Love Windham Hill! I have not played this album in at least 20 years....
Not sure why I waited 20 years to play the above posted Shadowfax album, as I'm still listening to it as it is great IMHO.

Next in queue: Sally Oldfield (baby sister of Mike) - Water Bearer CD 1978 Bronze Label 610 164-222. She plays every instrument on this album and her vocals are out-of-this-world, with 10 octaves of range EDIT: (exaggeration). This is not hard to find on eBay, but very expensive. I did find one, with no bids, exact same as mine, located in Germany on eBay for $6.75 with shipping to the USA for $5.07 - all others used or new start at $30+. For those who trust my opinions on music, I recommend you keep an "eye" on this and "snap-it-up" as long as the price or bid war does not start, I would not go above $20. If this turns out to the case, please PM me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sally-Oldfi...799620?hash=item41c5867d04:g:DkAAAOSw8lpZIHAt
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

https://www.discogs.com/Sally-Oldfield-Water-Bearer/release/3274262

EDIT: To clarify, 10 octave range was an exaggeration and only to state that she has the widest range vocally then any other artist I have in my collection. Additionally, I stated incorrectly that she was Mikes "baby sister, she is actually Mike's older sister

Last edited:
Not sure why I waited 20 years to play the above posted Shadowfax album, as I'm still listening to it as it is great IMHO.

Next in queue: Sally Oldfield (baby sister of Mike) - Water Bearer CD 1978 Bronze Label 610 164-222. She plays every instrument on this album and her vocals are out-of-this-world, with 10 octaves of range. This is not hard to find on eBay, but very expensive. I did find one, with no bids, exact same as mine, located in Germany on eBay for $6.75 with shipping to the USA for $5.07 - all others used or new start at $30+. For those who trust my opinions on music, I recommend you keep an "eye" on this and "snap-it-up" as long as the price or bid war does not start, I would not go above $20. If this turns out to the case, please PM me.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sally-Oldfi...799620?hash=item41c5867d04:g:DkAAAOSw8lpZIHAt
index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

https://www.discogs.com/Sally-Oldfield-Water-Bearer/release/3274262

Hi Friends,

By now, all of you know how fanatical I am about obtaining the best possible recording of albums that I already have and love and/or going to purchase. So, I found this on eBay which is a meticulous Japanese remaster with all the extra "goodies" + it appears to be a Gold CD (from what I can see). I could not resist this as I'm still listening to this album and enjoying it very much! So beautiful and peaceful, up-lifting music :). So, I immediately "snapped-it-up" for $40 + $3 shipping - should be here by mid-next week, coming from Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. :music:
index.php

Please reference my clarification in the above post regarding Sally's vocal range and reference to age with her brother Mike.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sally_Oldfield
http://lineout.thestranger.com/2007/05/sally_oldfield-iphone

Last edited:
Hi Friends,

By now, all of you know how fanatical I am about obtaining the best possible recording of albums that I already have and love and/or going to purchase. So, I found this on eBay which is a meticulous Japanese remaster with all the extra "goodies" + it appears to be a Gold CD (from what I can see). I could not resist this as I'm still listening to this album and enjoying it very much! So beautiful and peaceful, up-lifting music :). So, I immediately "snapped-it-up" for $40 + $3 shipping - should be here by mid-next week, coming from Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States. :music:
index.php

I am in such a peaceful mood right now and thoroughly enjoying my much needed vacation from work. So, to keep in this spirit I'm in, this one is up now:
Now Playing : Sixpence None the Richer, Self Titled 1998 Squinte Label 7017032616
index.php

https://www.discogs.com/Sixpence-None-The-Richer-Sixpence-None-The-Richer/release/408019

Back
Top Bottom