What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Moody Blues - Threshold of a Dream. Great album and toss up between that and To Our Children's Children's Children as my favorite from them.

Be warned though, I picked a copy once where some buffoon faded out each track in the mastering. Goes to show that "gapless playback" issues predate digital!
Not too awful long ago I had acquired digital copies of most of the old MB catalog. This after some years singing vocal jazz and barbershop. In barbershop there is no such thing as singing off pitch (relative) because the chord structures require perfection of it sounds horrible. Imagine my surprise when I played To Our... Children. The singer was off pitch a lot and I was truly disappointed. When I listen to Seventh Sojourn I don't hear that. Either they started listening to each other or technology saved the day. Either way, I don't listen to them the same way as I used to do. I guess there's something to be said for maturity.

MI0003744327.jpg

Brighton Festival Chorus / Laszlo Heltay / Rudolf Kempe
Janáček: Glagolitic Mass; Kodály: Missa Brevis

Release Date May 5, 2014
Duration01:13:26
Genre
Classical
Styles
Choral

Now Playing : 1996 - Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, & John McLaughlin - The Guitar Trio (Verve 314533215-2) EAC FLAC's. I was so fortunate to see the 3 of these outstanding Guitarists Play in 1980, all Acoustic, at the Hollywood Bowl in 1980 when I was 16. 3 Hours of being BLOWN AWAY! AL's custom, all wood Ovation was spectacular! Must of been a $50K Custom made just for him. The back was 2x the depth of a normal Ovation. He and it was without doubt the best playing and sounding of all 3...However, all are 10+

Paco de Lucía Al Di Meola John McLaughlin - The Guitar Trio.jpg
-Blitz :)

Now Playing : 1996 - Paco De Lucia, Al Di Meola, & John McLaughlin - The Guitar Trio (Verve 314533215-2) EAC FLAC's. I was so fortunate to see the 3 of these outstanding Guitarists Play in 1980, all Acoustic, at the Hollywood Bowl in 1980 when I was 16. 3 Hours of being BLOWN AWAY! AL's custom, all wood Ovation was spectacular! Must of been a $50K Custom made just for him. The back was 2x the depth of a normal Ovation. He and it was without doubt the best playing and sounding of all 3...However, all are 10+

View attachment 1015684
-Blitz :)
I have Friday Night in San Francisco. Excellent performance.

Back
Top Bottom