What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

SFfWnqh.png

I gotta tell you, I have been checking out so many new and different (to me) types of music since I joined this awesome thread. You guys rock! Thanks

Why yes, yes we do :)

I think this thread is greater than the sum of its parts. I know I've been inspired to try out stuff I'd never have thought of listening to over the past year. Not only that, but the contributors are a hell of a decent bunch to hang out with.

Last edited:
Nice plays and nice looking libraries, fellas...

Don't forget the Casa Loma Orchestra (Swing), and for bluesy Hard Rock, how about some Sass Jordan? Paul Shaffer (SNL, Letterman/The World's Most Dangerous Band) is from Thunder Bay.

Well, rehearsal went pretty well again. I'm starting to feel like I actually play again. On the way there and back, I listened to some trad/Dixieland Jazz-- various artists remastered on "Chicago" (BBC Records):

View attachment 1049500

Now Cueing: John Coltrane Quartet, "Ballads"

View attachment 1049505

GJ

All names that are unknown to me, so thanks. I'll add them to my list of artists to be investigated. When I started this morning, I thought that if I run out of material, I could always fall back on playing Rush's entire catalogue. I still have a whole stack and haven't repeated an artist all day. This sure is a great country for musical output, and very good musical output at that.

Back
Top Bottom