What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

All names that are unknown to me, so thanks. I'll add them to my list of artists to be investigated. When I started this morning, I thought that if I run out of material, I could always fall back on playing Rush's entire catalogue. I still have a whole stack and haven't repeated an artist all day. This sure is a great country for musical output, and very good musical output at that.

The original bassist for RUSH, Jeff Jones, left that band to join Tom Cochrane's RED RIDER outfit in 1979.

image1.jpeg
The Dad of Black and Viking Metal
Spinning Bathory's debut album. Super low-budge recording and all instruments played by Quorthon. From this album spawned many influential black metal bands. I'm also a big fan of the albums "Under the Sign of the Black Mark" and "Hammerheart" which is one of the bands Viking metal albums. Definitely recommend this classic album though, punk influence, LoFi, thrashy, and evil, mmmmm... :rockon:

maxresdefault.jpg

Welcome, Distances.

I saw Red Rider open-up for... Who? I think it might have been Asia, as impossible as that sounds. Maybe it was The Tubes? I definitely saw live them in that era...

Hey Guys that have had direct contact with Blitz-- If anyone knows his actual address, can you PM me? I have an idea, the time for which may have come...

GJ

I only have a phone number. I tried earlier but went straight to voicemail

Been listening to a lot of Joe Walsh. Grabbed some nice first pressings of Barnstorm, Smoker and You Can't Argue With A Sick Mind. Played them all over the weekend. Great music!

Played Aretha Now earlier tonight. I think it's a great lp...despite Jon Landau's less than stellar review. In 1968 their weren't many that could touch her vocals.

Back
Top Bottom