What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Alice Cooper- I Love America Great 4th of July song just so silly.
from the 1983 Album DADA.
This was the Album just before Alice went back into rehab for the last time.

I Love America
Alice-Cooper-I-Love-America-86058.jpg

Vanessa Paradis/Vanessa Paradis via compact cassette on the Thomsun Original Electronics label,which I'm almost sure is an unofficial label (in other words a bootleg company-they'd always use quality Maxell UD1's),but this sounds just awesome through the Nakamichi 681ZX,so analogue and relaxing,even tends to put my recent CD purchases to shame.

paulb003-35_zps5d8a753f.jpg
[/IMG]
paulb001-50_zps3e77444d.jpg
[/IMG]

On the title track, Eddie Hazel lays down one of the best guitar solos ever recorded - according to legend, while under the influence of LSD, Hazel asked George Clinton how he wanted him to play - Clinton told him to "Play like you just heard your mother died, then you found out it wasn't true" Man, does it sure sound like it, I'm listening to it now! Utterly fantastic!

On the title track, Eddie Hazel lays down one of the best guitar solos ever recorded - according to legend, while under the influence of LSD, Hazel asked George Clinton how he wanted him to play - Clinton told him to "Play like you just heard your mother died, then you found out it wasn't true" Man, does it sure sound like it, I'm listening to it now! Utterly fantastic!

They used the solo on an episode of House MD - man I love that show sometimes :yes:

Until a few minutes ago it was Ray Lynch's No Blue Thing.

Attachments

• No Blue Thing.jpg
    No Blue Thing.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 7

I have this one. Great album, but man, does it have a lot of tape-hiss. Not sure which engineer did the mixing, but I think HE was on LSD as well. Best when played on speakers with rolled-off highs.

Hendrix was earlier (I played my old "Axis" LP again because I'm really-digging the sound... I've been playing a lot of Hendrix vinyl lately, so I didn't even mention this one). Now I'm on to this. Noisy blues-rock at it's best:
300540486634.jpg

Blue Cheer - "Vincebus Eruptum" Original US Philips 1st-pressing stereo LP

Back
Top Bottom